More OrdBot Parts

Share your Shapeoko created projects!
roberlin

Re: More OrdBot Parts

Post by roberlin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Here is the aluminum angle link:
http://buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1806

I'll try to remember to take a picture of mine when I get home.

Will Winder

Post by Will Winder » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 pm

On my lunch break today I fired up the ShapeOko again, this time to cut the 5"x13" handle. Several months ago I lengthened my Y axis to accommodate this part.

I tweaked my settings again, but it took way longer to cut and came out about the same. It turns out the plung rate is only used when cutting air...

The job took 53 minutes, and another 5-10 minutes with a file to clean up the holding tabs and break the edges.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358371557.087297.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358371557.087297.jpg (223.29 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358371608.119898.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358371608.119898.jpg (204.57 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
ShapeOko #367: Dual-Y drive, Belt on outside, 1000mm Y-Axis, DW660 Spindle, Nema-23 X/Y motors.

Primary developer on Universal Gcode Sender.

SystemsGuy

Post by SystemsGuy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Will, I know you did double Y, did you do double X as well?

PsyKo

Post by PsyKo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:40 pm

SystemsGuy wrote:Will, I know you did double Y, did you do double X as well?
Looking at the picture, it doesn't look like he is having double x
Shapeoko #736
Kress 800, Z Axis upgrade, dual Y, 600mm X&Y rails, metal spacers and V Wheels, home switches, 4th axis
Goko - Free CNC Control Software - http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic ... 380#p44380

Will Winder

Post by Will Winder » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:04 am

SystemsGuy wrote:Will, I know you did double Y, did you do double X as well?
No double x, I'm sure the cut would be more precise with it but it isn't strictly required.
ShapeOko #367: Dual-Y drive, Belt on outside, 1000mm Y-Axis, DW660 Spindle, Nema-23 X/Y motors.

roberlin

Post by roberlin » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:27 pm

I got sick of cleaning up the holding tabs on aluminum pretty quickly.
(also, I've had them fail when my depth was off)

So instead, I've taken to breaking the g-code into two files. The first one has all the holes. After it's finished I use the holes to screw the workpiece onto the spoilboard and
then run the second file to cut out the perimeters. (in pieces like the handle that have an extra component that might fly away or jam up I will add an extra couple of holes to keep it down).

This is after all sorts of semi-failed experiments with carpet tape and spray adhesive.

Here are a couple of pictures of my extruder carriage. (conveniently enough I had my x-axis removed already for upgrades)
It's modified to fit a couple of the qu-bd's.
I've made three of them (gave my two brothers homemade ord-bots for christmas) and two out of the three are glued a little off-square due to my sloppiness. But it is barely noticeable and they seem to work fine.
ecsmall.jpg
ecsmall.jpg (13.5 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
ec2small.jpg
ec2small.jpg (16.35 KiB) Viewed 1635 times

Will Winder

Post by Will Winder » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm

roberlin wrote:I got sick of cleaning up the holding tabs on aluminum pretty quickly.
(also, I've had them fail when my depth was off)

So instead, I've taken to breaking the g-code into two files. The first one has all the holes. After it's finished I use the holes to screw the workpiece onto the spoilboard and
then run the second file to cut out the perimeters. (in pieces like the handle that have an extra component that might fly away or jam up I will add an extra couple of holes to keep it down).

This is after all sorts of semi-failed experiments with carpet tape and spray adhesive.
A nice workbench vise and a sharp file make very quick work of those holding tabs.
roberlin wrote: Here are a couple of pictures of my extruder carriage. (conveniently enough I had my x-axis removed already for upgrades)
It's modified to fit a couple of the qu-bd's.
I've made three of them (gave my two brothers homemade ord-bots for christmas) and two out of the three are glued a little off-square due to my sloppiness. But it is barely noticeable and they seem to work fine.
Nice work! You must be pretty good at making these at this point. How did you end up doing the belt clamp?

roberlin

Post by roberlin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Will Winder wrote:A nice workbench vise and a sharp file make very quick work of those holding tabs.
The vise is still on my "to get" list :-) And my skills with the files leave something to be desired. Especially on interior curved regions.
Will Winder wrote:How did you end up doing the belt clamp?
I modeled mine off of Dibloff's at buildlog.net
http://buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1567
But I left off the big bolt that clamps it together (the 4 screws seem to do a good enough job).

I cut the first set out some HDPE I had lying around, and printed the later ones.
I'll try to remember to attach the files for the belt clamp when I get home.

EDIT: The dxf for the belt clamps is attached (remove .txt extension which I added since .dxf is not recognized by the forum uploader). I made them 1cm thick.
Attachments
beltclampscleaned.dxf.txt
(42.1 KiB) Downloaded 89 times