jig for soldering cannon plugs on to a board

Share your Shapeoko created projects!
JeromyReno

jig for soldering cannon plugs on to a board

Post by JeromyReno » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:55 pm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 ... 5%20AM.mov

hdpe plastic, 1/8 single flute carbide end mill. 30 imp , 10 plunge, .1 depth of cut, .4 step over. dewalt set to 2.5. these are ultra slow speeds. I have cut hdpe with at least twice this speed before I just wanted to be safe cause it's all the material I had and I was in a time crunch. it looks wavy but it's smooth to the touch.

rodcar125

Re: jig for soldering cannon plugs on to a board

Post by rodcar125 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Looks great!
Will you be making a lot of those assemblies? I know it can be a real PITA trying to solder something without the proper jig.

cheers!

JeromyReno

Re: jig for soldering cannon plugs on to a board

Post by JeromyReno » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 pm

rodcar125 wrote:Looks great!
Will you be making a lot of those assemblies? I know it can be a real PITA trying to solder something without the proper jig.

cheers!
I think I will now haha, after the assemblers used it they want them for everything now. I used to make these out of wood and aluminum with glue before I got the Shapoko3. now I can design and make one in a day. then cut out a few. before it took forever to make one, then there would be a design change and we would throw it away. now I just change the 3d model and cut another. it also gives me a reason to hone in my skills with the machine. I have a few more projects almost ready to cut and post up!