CMSgt Plaque

Share your Shapeoko created projects!
WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: CMSgt Plaque

Post by WillAdams » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:55 am

Contact support@carbide3d.com — the longer belt should work, but there were issues when it was out of spec.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

Defy

Re: CMSgt Plaque

Post by Defy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:27 am

It worked. Still lost connection every time i flipped the switch but I added a line to the code to take it back to 0,0 when it was done so I was able to finish one. I am going to have to figure out this disconnecting crud. It's really annoying having to be so careful about doing anything in the shop when this thing is running. I started it one time and forgot to turn on the dust collector and when I did it lost connection.... The thing is too sensitive. I am thinking about moving the electronics off the x gantry or shielding them some how.
IMG_8742.JPG
IMG_8742.JPG (232.08 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Worked out pretty good. I need to get a new belt, I'll email carbide and see. It is fine when it's vCarving because I have it taking just a little at a time but when it's doing the deeper cutting it skips steps and will randomly go deeper and I can't tighten it anymore.