HY-TB3DV-M Chinese Controller

Discussion of Mach3 CNC control software
cjgaus

HY-TB3DV-M Chinese Controller

Post by cjgaus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:44 am

Hi guys I hope I don't get into any trouble posting about other controller boards on here.I purchased a HY-TB3DV-M Chinese controller on ebay and I have setup mach 3 with it, well sort of setup mach 3. I am still having problems homing the machine. I am not running any switches and was curious if someone could help me in homing the controller in mach 3?

Archangel

Re: HY-TB3DV-M Chinese Controller

Post by Archangel » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:28 pm

several of us are using different varieties of the tb6560 boards.
It is simple to zero the machine for the workpiece when you open a g code file

the first thing is to set the machine calibration for each axis under the settings tab
you tell it how far to move, and measure the amount it actually moved

by default Mach sets zero on the front left of the machine with the Z down
X moves are right and positive, Y moves are to the back of the machine and positive,
Z moves are up and negative.

some g-code files will start with zero on the right and the X moves are left like the eagle pcb-gcode ulp,
and some files will start with zero on the left and the X moves are right like the Vectric stuff

It is really not necessary to set the machine co-ordinates or soft limits in the beginning
as long as the moves are accurate and you know where the machine's work area is.

there is a bit of a learning curve to get familiar with the end mill varieties, and depth & feed rates for your materials.
Stretched Custom ShapeOko
800 X 1000 / Dual Y motors / Direct Drive Rack and Pinion / Supported Y Rails / Reversed X Axis Makerslide / 24V T4 TB6560 controller