Need help! Z axis probs

Discussion of Mach3 CNC control software
TheWRD

Need help! Z axis probs

Post by TheWRD » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:07 pm

I have a ShapeOko 1 upgraded to what looks like the shapeoko 2...at twice the price. :( I finally decided to upgrade my electronic and of coarse I'm having trouble.

I'm running mach3 with a TB6600 4 axis control hooked up to nema 17s. All axis' jog perfectly but when I run a gcode from cambam or a mach3 wizard, it does not move down. It simply cuts at the surface no mater what my target depth and cut increments. Both DRO and display screen show its moving but it the stepper motor does not. X and Y axis work perfect.

My Z uses a 3/8"-12 acme screw with step set a 145 (guessing). I'm not near my machine right now so I'm not sure the exact number is. I got that number using axis calibration in mach3. Not sure if the maters but I am using a UC100 since I'm running 64 bit windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

RobCee

Re: Need help! Z axis probs

Post by RobCee » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:12 pm

I would double check that your Z-Axis jogging is giving you the movement you expect. Just use a ruler and jog it down by 25mm and see if it actually moves that far. It could be that your steps are incorrect. Also you could try jogging by larger distances (50-60mm depending on available travel with your machine), when the acceleration kicks in. This usually shows up some issues with the Z-Axis settings.
ShapeOko2 #3400 - Chinese 800W AC Spindle - Stiffened X-Axis - TR10 Z-Axis - Inverted Z Motor - Hall Effect Limits - Drag Chains & Custom Brackets