Mach 3 CamBam bundle

Discussion of Mach3 CNC control software
TomO

Mach 3 CamBam bundle

Post by TomO » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:11 am

I may purchase this bundle. Anyone have experience with this cam controller combination? If so what are your thoughts/is it worth it - only $315. I am open to suggestions if you have a different recommendation.

I appreciate any advice you can give me - trying to get everything ready for my SO3. I'm new to cnc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lordmundi

Re: Mach 3 CamBam bundle

Post by lordmundi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:35 am

well, i can't really speak to mach 3, but I'm loving ChiliPeppr so much, I'm pouring my effort and time into that. Be sure and check that out if you like using open source products and like being able to tinker with your toolchain and hardware.

FG

TomO

Mach 3 CamBam bundle

Post by TomO » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 am

Hope this question isn't too far out there but remember I'm new to this...
Once I get my SO3 I will be able to plug it into my computer (USB?) and control it with Mach 3 correct? I was watching a YouTube video that was taking about a controller board that connects to the stepper motors - that comes with the shapeoko correct?

Jimf

Mach 3 CamBam bundle

Post by Jimf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:12 am

Mach3 is not compatible with the USB microcontroller/driver board that comes with sO3. You will need to use universal Gcode sender or some compatible usb serial interface program.

As a new user, I wouldn't recommend MACH3 at all and I use MACH3 on 4 different CNC's. There is some hardware interfacing and software setup that could potentially be difficult for a new user.

Use the recommended software to get your SO3 running first. Then if you want to use MACh3 then I can maybe help you set it up.

TomO

Re: Mach 3 CamBam bundle

Post by TomO » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:00 am

Jimf wrote:Use the recommended software to get your SO3 running first. Then if you want to use MACh3 then I can maybe help you set it up.
Thanks for the info and offer - what is the recommended controller software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk