No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 43

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: How do you like your instructions?

Post by WillAdams » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:10 am

Anyone who is displeased w/ the instructions should please read the text (missing since October or so) which has been restored to the first page of the docs:
A note on diagrams

Where possible, diagrams and illustrations are linked to larger versions which should fill your browser window. Most of the parts diagrams are in SVG format which will allow you to magnify them if using a tablet which supports such. When the SVG diagrams are opened in a browser window, they are interactive --- clicking on the parts list text will highlight the matching part(s) in the diagram). Please note that each SVG diagram comes in two versions, one intended for viewing in situ at a typical size, the other, with a suffix of "-100" which is set to fill a browser window --- each image's link is of course to that latter version
If you still have concerns after that, make a new post or edit the wiki.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

SmokyRick

Re: How do you like your instructions?

Post by SmokyRick » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Very well said. I can see the point of many sides, especially when I get frustrated with something I don't know much (if anything) about. Sometimes it helps to get it out in the open. Sometimes not. BUT it can hurt feelings if you let it go and don't see that you are getting help from other private folks and ranting at them at the same time. This community is quite a good one and since I joined I have seen folks honestly trying to help while getting railed at. Hopefully I am not one ever doing that.
Smoky Rick Crawford
Smoky Rick Crawford in the middle of Northern Illinois, USA.
ShapeOko2 s/n 5200 all stock. Arduino, gshield, Grbl Controller, Autodesk Fusion 360.
Mods: Quiet cut spindle, grbl v0.9g w/ spindle control enabled.