SALES / MAKING A LIVING

General Discussion about anything!
Woodworker

Re: SALES / MAKING A LIVING

Post by Woodworker » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Little Hands, what is your software process? I like the rounded outside corners. I do my corners with a rasp but my SO2 could be doing them while I did something else.
BRuce - SO2 #4798 - IC's Z axis upgrade, customized Z rail and Z motor mount, spindle Dewalt 611

Little Hands

Post by Little Hands » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:41 pm

cvoinescu, SO clone? What are the spec's and stuff...? Any different than the SO2? I am looking to build another machine. I have already put together a BOM's based on the SO2 with lots of custom/modified parts, still working on the electronics (little-g stuff etc.?).
Last edited by Little Hands on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Little Hands

Post by Little Hands » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:52 pm

woodworker, I use Turbo Cad for my designs & drawings. I use Cam-Bam for my cam software. From cam I send the file thru UGS. Stock SO2 controller & electronics.
The outside rounded corners are cut when the part is cutout on the SO2, The face edges on the boxes are rounded with a hand held router (the "old fashion" way). Keep in mind, the "old fashion" way/tools are much faster than a tool change and the stress of the part flying off table after so much work has already been done...!
Forgot, the etching is done with a laser engraver, could be done on the SO2 ya know.

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Little Hands wrote:cvoinescu, SO clone? What are the spec's and stuff...? Any different than the SO2? I am looking to build another machine. I have already put together a BOM's based on the SO2 with lots of custom/modified parts, still working on the electronics (little-g stuff etc.?).
eShapeoko (links to store, assembly instructions, part drawings). It improves on Shapeoko 1; it's different from Shapeoko 2, but I'd say roughly the same performance.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

Woodworker

Post by Woodworker » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks LittleHands. I do all my boxes the old fashioned way, but I would like to be able to do with my SO2 if I wanted to. Thanks for the input I will probably put cambam on my need to buy list. There seems to be a lot of advantages to it.
BRuce - SO2 #4798 - IC's Z axis upgrade, customized Z rail and Z motor mount, spindle Dewalt 611

Little Hands

Post by Little Hands » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:48 pm

woodworker, Cam-Bam works for me: function, options & for the cost. You get 40 free uses (not days). There are vid's as intros. etc. Keep in mind there are many other options out there.