talk about bad luck...

General Discussion about anything!
clockit

talk about bad luck...

Post by clockit » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:15 pm

for those of you that have noticed my recent abscence... i havent died or run off with the circus, but i had another litte run of bad luck. a couple weeks ago i fell and broke the humerus bone in right arm. i snapped that sucker right in half and had to have surgery to have a plate inserted in my arm to fix the broken bone. also, my laptop, which is my means to the internet, requires me to scan the index finger on my right hand. well. due to the immobilazation of me right arm i wasnt able to acess my computer until today. its still not easy to do and i'm stuck with some hunting and pecking left handed typing so i will probably be 'mia' for a bit longer. plus there is a possibility of another surgery to fix additional damage done to my shoulder. however, i've not forgotten our project and as soon as i'm physically able we will pick up where we left off.

i apologize to all of you that have been following along, but, i promise all of you we will finish her up. again, sorry guys for the bump in the road... also, please excuse any misspellings and lack of capitalization as it's really hard to type one handed, especially with my left, lol...
Shapeoko 2, Full Kit #7071, Makita RT0701C Router, 1000 x 1000 upgrade, Acme Z Axis w/Nema 17 Belt Drive

Woodworker

Re: talk about bad luck...

Post by Woodworker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:32 pm

No need for an apology, just get better. the project can wait until your are back in shape. I was beginning to wonder where you were as there wasn't any posts with your name on them. Hope you have a swift recovery.
BRuce - SO2 #4798 - IC's Z axis upgrade, customized Z rail and Z motor mount, spindle Dewalt 611

Brian Stone

Post by Brian Stone » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Ouch, that sucks. I was also wondering about the clock thread, but figured life got in the way. Hope you heal quickly.
Shapeoko 2 #7353
1500x1000mm Shapeoko/X-Carve Hybrid, Nema-23's, Belt-Driven Z-Axis /w ACME Screw, Dewalt 611, Soundproof Enclosure
[Fusion 360 | Illustrator] -> Universal G-Code Sender

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Sorry to hear about the injury, glad you're okay.

When you get a chance, you should scan a digit on your other hand as well, most systems allow that, or better yet, dispense w/ the biometrics and just use a password.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

TomO

Post by TomO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:55 pm

Sorry to hear that Rod - hope you have a fast recovery. Also hope that Chevelle is an auto (and has power steering) so you can still enjoy it this summer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CastIrony

Post by CastIrony » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:20 am

Look at it this way: you're giving the rest of us a chance to catch up :D

Hope your recovery goes smoothly.
Shapeoko 3 #192 - Complete! Needs limit switches.

clockit

Post by clockit » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:39 am

thx guys! really appreciate the well wishes. hopefully i'll be able to bounce back soon, unfortunately at my age it seems to take a little longer to heal than it use too, lol... the good thimg is that it really doesn't hurt that much, just cant do much with the wing though, but i am making headway, at least i'm able to do a little web surfing now. i go back to see my surgeon this week so we'll see how its progressing.
WillAdams wrote:When you get a chance, you should scan a digit on your other hand as well, most systems allow that, or better yet, dispense w/ the biometrics and just use a password.
good call will, i think i will go back to a password... i had one set up already but couldn't remember it, lol... in my defense it was 3 years ago when i set it up, man it sucks getting old... :)
Shapeoko 2, Full Kit #7071, Makita RT0701C Router, 1000 x 1000 upgrade, Acme Z Axis w/Nema 17 Belt Drive

Woodworker

Post by Woodworker » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:55 pm

A password manager can help. At our age we need all the tools and assistants we can get. I use DataVault and keep them all in there. "One password to rule them all". iOS allows multiple fingers, I have my thumb and index finger from both hands scanned.
BRuce - SO2 #4798 - IC's Z axis upgrade, customized Z rail and Z motor mount, spindle Dewalt 611

Damin69

Post by Damin69 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 am

Well I am going to pray for you a quick recovery.
Shapeoko 2 #6971
Upgrades
Makita 0701, Nema23s, ACME Z Axis, Nema 23 Belt drive
Expanded to 1000 x 1800
Electronics upgrade C-10 BOB, SainSmart ST-M5045 drivers, Mach3
Damin69's Build Log