Willing to compensate an individual for some code.

General Discussion about anything!
D@DENNIS.COM

Willing to compensate an individual for some code.

Post by D@DENNIS.COM » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:56 pm

I'm new to all of this but have purchased a S3 (correct ?)_. Before I dive in I would like to make a spoil board that resembles the one many of you have made for your machines. I refer to the one like Winston Moy's
I have the threaded inserts, 1/4 X 20 and would like to have them spaced 4" apart.
Before I go too far down the path to learn to code and cut I really would like some way to clamp and test my feeble code.
I'm willing to compensate someone who can write me the code to put these inserts in with a chamfered hole that sets them just below the surface.
Yes, I realize that there is probably code out there for free and I have tried to get it to work but this is standing in my way of progress in learning myself.
I have installed the Universal gcode installer and have gotten the S3 to work.

So here is the offer, send me the code I will run it, if it works I will pay you a mutually agreed upon amount.

Yes I should slug it out and do itself but i'm 70 years old, never have done anything like this CNC before, am fascinated by it and am looking forward to the intellectual challenge of learning how to do these things myself

Respectfully

D. Kane

D@DENNIS.COM

Re: Willing to compensate an individual for some code.

Post by D@DENNIS.COM » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:12 pm

My apologies, should have included this: it's the specs for the inserts.
E-Z LOK 1/4-20 "Flanged" (50-Pack) Threaded Insert for Wood.

Part Specifications:

Internal Thread: 1/4-20

Length: .51" (13mm)

Hex Dimensions: M6

Flange Diameter: Reference Only .49" (12.4mm):

Material: Die Cast Zinc Alloy

Installation Hole Size: .23/64" (9mm)

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:19 pm

We do have a section on this on the wiki: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/ ... steboard_2

I tried to document how I made mine as thoroughly as I could: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6045

Do you have a dimensioned drawing for the hardware?
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

D@DENNIS.COM

Post by D@DENNIS.COM » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:30 pm

yes, here is a link to the flanged threaded inserts, it;s the 1/4 x 20, .513 length one in the list

http://www.ezlok.com/download/DimDwg_Hex_Flanged.pdf

dave_the_nerd

Post by dave_the_nerd » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:42 am

The important holes are the ones around the edges - just past where the shapeoko can drill its own holes. You'll probably want a countersinking drill bit for those.
Shapeoko 2 # 6651: 500x1000mm, Acme screw and belt drive Z-axis, DW660 w/ IC mount, Arduino/grblShield w/ gCode 0.9g and 3D-printed electronics enclosure.