So... is this forum going to be shut down?

General Discussion about anything!
CastIrony

Re: So... is this forum going to be shut down?

Post by CastIrony » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:19 pm

http://schmapeoko.com is available :D
Shapeoko 3 #192 - Complete! Needs limit switches.

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:30 pm

okoepahs.com is also available... :twisted:

So is not-really-shapeoko.com
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts

JuKu

Post by JuKu » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:50 am

So is the obvious: shapeokoforum.com

DRobs86

Post by DRobs86 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:52 am

If it really was an issue, I would adopt the community, forum, wiki, etc, under the domain I have bought for the CNC company I will be launching before too long. That would kinda feel like a big rip off though, unless someone of authority were to ask for it.

In reality, domain name renewal isnt too costly at all. I guess it depends on who actually owns it (sounds like its a C3D asset) and what they intend for it. Absent some goings on like them trying to shut it down to bring it all under the C3D banner, we could chip in to help pay twforeman for his out of pocket costs to keep this going as is.

Truth be told, it is probably not in their business interest to create confusion for their customers who buy an SO3 with an official forum controlled by the company and an unofficial forum bearing the product's name.

whimmel

Post by whimmel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 pm

shapeoko.ORG is available and would suit the community nature of the project vs. the .com that now refers to the product.

CalebPeters

Post by CalebPeters » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:17 am

My vote is for shapeoko.org then.
Shapeoko 2 #3164 : GRBL, NEMA 23 motors, 350W Spindle, Limit/home switches, Drag chain, X-Carve Upgrade.
DIY-Oko 3 #-1 : LinuxCNC, PC-450 with Super-Pid, Hall Effect Limit/home switches.

RoguePirin

Post by RoguePirin » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:12 pm

CalebPeters wrote:My vote is for shapeoko.org then.
I second that.
Shapeoko 3 #677, Nyloc nuts, ¾" HDPE base with t-nuts, Dewalt 611 w/Super PIDv2

CalebPeters

Post by CalebPeters » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:43 pm

So, I purchased shapeoko.org. I didn't want to see it get snapped away from us. For right now the URL is forwarding to the forum index page.

@twforeman In the event we need to move the site from shapeoko.com. Just PM me your name servers and dns info and I'll set that up, or I'll pay to transfer the URL into your ownership.
Shapeoko 2 #3164 : GRBL, NEMA 23 motors, 350W Spindle, Limit/home switches, Drag chain, X-Carve Upgrade.
DIY-Oko 3 #-1 : LinuxCNC, PC-450 with Super-Pid, Hall Effect Limit/home switches.

twforeman

Post by twforeman » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:18 pm

CalebPeters wrote:So, I purchased shapeoko.org. I didn't want to see it get snapped away from us. For right now the URL is forwarding to the forum index page.

@twforeman In the event we need to move the site from shapeoko.com. Just PM me your name servers and dns info and I'll set that up, or I'll pay to transfer the URL into your ownership.
Thanks for grabbing that domain. I hope we don't need to change in the near future but you never know.

I'm not too surprised that Edward hasn't chimed into this thread, but he's pretty busy over at C3D and hard to get ahold of these days.

I think everyone should just relax and sit tight for now.
Ender 3 3D Printer
ShapeOko v3 serial #0004 - upgrade thread
All of my ShapeOko related blog posts

CalebPeters

Post by CalebPeters » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:30 pm

twforeman wrote:
Thanks for grabbing that domain. I hope we don't need to change in the near future but you never know.

I'm not too surprised that Edward hasn't chimed into this thread, but he's pretty busy over at C3D and hard to get ahold of these days.

I think everyone should just relax and sit tight for now.
Cool, sounds like a good plan!