Hate to ask this in my first post

General Discussion about anything!
Sdt

Hate to ask this in my first post

Post by Sdt » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:18 pm

Hello all,

New guy here but I've been interested in the Shapeoko for about a year now and am ready to make a purchase. I was on the Carbide website and noticed that there seem to be a lot of items that state "Sold Out" and saw that there are lead times to purchase some of the machines.

I guess my question is, is the company winding down or possibly dissolving?

I'd just hate to buy a machine and then not be able to get parts or support if needed in the future.

Many thanks for any of your thoughts or knowledge!

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Hate to ask this in my first post

Post by WillAdams » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:44 am

No, we're not winding down --- we're making things as quickly as we can, and doing our best to get things back in stock and keep things in stock --- we're in this for the long haul, but part of that means being careful to not over-extend. We are entirely self-funded (aside from the Nomad Kickstarter and initial Shapeoko 3 pre-orders) and don't have millions in venture capital funding as our competition does --- this also means that we don't have to pay loaned money back with interest. I'm pretty sure that the only loan we've taken out has been for our Haas:

https://carbide3d.com/blog/2015/how-to-buy-a-haas/
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

Sdt

Post by Sdt » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at other machines but want the Shapeoko so this is good news.

I'll be ordering it tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Sdt

Post by Sdt » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:59 pm

Wow, you guys are fast!

I ordered a machine and a few accessories last night and received an email this morning that it shipped and will arrive this Wed.

Many thanks!