MakerCAM not executing G0 (Rapids)

an open source, web based CAM package that works!
NickT

MakerCAM not executing G0 (Rapids)

Post by NickT » Mon May 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi All..

Brand new ShapeOko owner here so please excuse the newbie questions.

I made a simple 2x4" pocket in MakerCam, exported the GCode and ran it through Universal GCode Sender. Several things failed to occur, first the tool selection was ignored, no big deal on that one. The second thing that didn't occur is the GO rapid for raising the Z axis and the GO rapid to the center of the work piece.

I ran the same GCode though "Carbide Motion" and everything ran as expected.. well except that Carbide Motion crashed part way through...

So.. Do I need to "pre process" GCode from Makercam prior to sending the the SO3?

Cheers,

Nick

PS: Little about me.. I am a software and hardware developer. Know the Arduino family very well and a total geek that was hell bent on getting into CNC...

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: MakerCAM not executing G0 (Rapids)

Post by WillAdams » Tue May 24, 2016 1:08 am

Tool changes in the absence of an automatic tool changer are handled by the comm / control program, if they’re handled.

Discuss Carbide Motion crashing w/ support@carbide3d.com
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

NickT

Re: MakerCAM not executing G0 (Rapids)

Post by NickT » Tue May 24, 2016 1:26 am

Thanks for the reply Will.

The tool selection and crash I really doesn't bother me.. The main issue is the lack for processing the "G0" commands whereas Carbide Motion does perform them (along with the tool change by the way)