Shapeoko 3 - Assembly Instructions (preliminary)

Assembly questions and answers for the Shapeoko 3 CNC Mill
kgearhardt
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: Shapeoko 3 - Assembly Instructions (preliminary)

Post by kgearhardt » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:52 pm

I just read through this thread and I don't think I missed this, but if so apologies...

The GT2 pulley installation shown on page 18 for the stationary z-plate is, I believe, incorrect. I followed the instructions as shown with the thin/non-set-screw flange against the plate. But that does not align with the motor pulley above, or the idler pulley below. So it seems the set-screw flange should be against the plate, and I saw a picture elsewhere here that shows it done that way.

My mill's working fine with that apparent inversion, but I'll probably disassemble and correct soon.

Mixelplux
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Re: Shapeoko 3 - Assembly Instructions (preliminary)

Post by Mixelplux » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:32 pm

I am not certain if it has been mentioned so far, but on page 9 (Gantry Assembly: Y-axis V-Wheels (Fixed-center)) the parts list in the top right calls for eccentric M5 nuts while the assembly instructions call for regular M5 nuts.

Guiz
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:54 am

Re: Shapeoko 3 - Assembly Instructions (preliminary)

Post by Guiz » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:02 pm

kgearhardt wrote:I just read through this thread and I don't think I missed this, but if so apologies...

The GT2 pulley installation shown on page 18 for the stationary z-plate is, I believe, incorrect. I followed the instructions as shown with the thin/non-set-screw flange against the plate. But that does not align with the motor pulley above, or the idler pulley below. So it seems the set-screw flange should be against the plate, and I saw a picture elsewhere here that shows it done that way.

My mill's working fine with that apparent inversion, but I'll probably disassemble and correct soon.
Hello,
I have same remark ; idler , motor pulley and GT2 fixed 20 tooth pulley are not correctly aligned when flollowing the assembly manual. It does'nt seem, well, normal.

John_TX
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Re: Shapeoko 3 - Assembly Instructions (preliminary)

Post by John_TX » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:18 am

Guiz wrote:
kgearhardt wrote:I just read through this thread and I don't think I missed this, but if so apologies...

The GT2 pulley installation shown on page 18 for the stationary z-plate is, I believe, incorrect. I followed the instructions as shown with the thin/non-set-screw flange against the plate. But that does not align with the motor pulley above, or the idler pulley below. So it seems the set-screw flange should be against the plate, and I saw a picture elsewhere here that shows it done that way.

My mill's working fine with that apparent inversion, but I'll probably disassemble and correct soon.
Hello,
I have same remark ; idler , motor pulley and GT2 fixed 20 tooth pulley are not correctly aligned when flollowing the assembly manual. It does'nt seem, well, normal.

So is this a typo in the manual or is there a more serious issue? The solution is to switch the set-screw and non-set-screw flanges? Just making sure.

aphoto
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:23 am

Re: Shapeoko 3 - Assembly Instructions (preliminary)

Post by aphoto » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:19 pm

Mixelplux wrote:I am not certain if it has been mentioned so far, but on page 9 (Gantry Assembly: Y-axis V-Wheels (Fixed-center)) the parts list in the top right calls for eccentric M5 nuts while the assembly instructions call for regular M5 nuts.
I ran into that too and it hasn't been otherwise mentioned.

The assembly instructions appear to be correct. You use regular M5 hex nuts on this assembly step for the "upper wheels", then use eccentric nuts for the lower wheels on page 22.

baudot
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: Shapeoko 3 - Assembly Instructions (preliminary)

Post by baudot » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Page 9 of the instructions conflicts with itself: The main body of the text says to attach the v-wheels with regular nuts. The summary box at the top right says to use eccentric nuts. Which should it be?

Image

CastIrony
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Shapeoko 3 - Assembly Instructions (preliminary)

Post by CastIrony » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:54 am

baudot wrote:Page 9 of the instructions conflicts with itself: The main body of the text says to attach the v-wheels with regular nuts. The summary box at the top right says to use eccentric nuts. Which should it be?
The summary box is incorrect. You won't install the eccentric nut v-wheels until page 22. Use regular nuts for page 9.
Shapeoko 3 #192 - Complete! Needs limit switches.

Post Reply