Missing Ny-Loc Nuts?

Assembly questions and answers for the Shapeoko 3 CNC Mill
COMarcus

Missing Ny-Loc Nuts?

Post by COMarcus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Brand new to the Shapeoko world, actually just got my Shapeoko 3 delivered yesterday. I got everything unpacked this morning, started looking at all of the hardware and noticed that the manual calls for 12 3mm Ny-Lok nuts to use on the belt clips, but the package just included regular nuts. Is this a typo in the manual? Should I just be using regular nuts or did the wrong nuts make it into my kit?

-Marcus

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Missing Ny-Loc Nuts?

Post by WillAdams » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:58 pm

I got regular nuts as well. There aren't any other M3s, so these should be the nuts you need.

Not sure about why Nylock were specced in the B.O.M. --- I thought I'd asked after that previously, but it's not noted on the wiki: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Shapeoko_3 (going to add this now)
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

COMarcus

Post by COMarcus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:06 pm

WillAdams wrote:I got regular nuts as well. There aren't any other M3s, so these should be the nuts you need.

Not sure about why Nylock were specced in the B.O.M. --- I thought I'd asked after that previously, but it's not noted on the wiki: http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Shapeoko_3 (going to add this now)
Thanks Will. I appreciate the link to the wiki as well...good stuff!

Okinawanwinds

Post by Okinawanwinds » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:29 am

So as I, then I locked them with JET-LOK and it works no prob.

There're some mistakes like this on manual. I hope it rewrite soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hatallica

Post by hatallica » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:24 am

I got delayed a bit in assembling, but it seems that this is still in the latest manual. After sorting through everything a few times, I finally decided to RTFF - read the forum. Thanks for the sanity check, guys.
Shapeoko3 #1153