Cutter Not found

Assembly questions and answers for the Shapeoko 3 CNC Mill
rtroiani

Cutter Not found

Post by rtroiani » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 am

Hi Guys,
I'm new and just completed the Shapeoko 3 install. Excellent instructions (except for having to google for limit switch install and missing the part about the router mount causing me to reverse some stuff).

Now that it's all together I get cutter not found. I have a known good Power Supply, green light on it. I took the back off and pressed the micro switch on the board thinking that's a reset. I was just trying to connect with Motion to home the limit switches.

Any ideas what to do when this happens?
Thanks,
Rick

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Cutter Not found

Post by WillAdams » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:01 am

List of things to try / check here: http://docs.carbide3d.com/article/56-ca ... ine-or-jog --- hopefully re-flashing won't be needed.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

rtroiani

Post by rtroiani » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 pm

After your last email I confirm that definitely no sound, or click when plugged in, and the gantry still moves easily. Since I have a green light on the power brick, looks like I'll be tracing it out with a multi-meter tonight. I took the back off last night and no lights on the Arduino either with the PS plugged in, or just the USB. I'm assuming there "are" lights on it I should be seeing?

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Yes, apparently with the new boards the lights only happen, and the Arduino only fully works, when external power is applied.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets