E-Stop not working

Assembly questions and answers for the Shapeoko 3 CNC Mill
weheh

E-Stop not working

Post by weheh » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:17 am

I have an S3 which I successfully built including the included cutoff switch. The switch disabled all motor activity when it was set to the off position and enabled motor activity in the on position, as expected.

Later, I added limit switches and setup hard and soft limits in grbl. I also soldered to the control board to connect to GND and to the Spindle Direction pins.

Now, the cutoff switch doesn't stop any of the motors when it's set in the off position. All grbl movement and homing commands work regardless of the cutoff switch position. When I toggle the cutoff switch to the OFF position, the E-Stop LED lights up. With the cutoff switch in the ON position, the E-Stop LED turns off.

I don't think the cutoff switch should be ignored. I suspect something's wrong. Can anybody shed light on what might be happening and how to fix it?

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: E-Stop not working

Post by WillAdams » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 am

Please work up a wiring diagram and post it here or send it in to Sparkfun tech support.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets