Misleading Photos In Instructions

Assembly questions and answers for the Shapeoko 3 CNC Mill
Wilbmanj

Misleading Photos In Instructions

Post by Wilbmanj » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:31 pm

Finally got out to my shop to assemble my XXL and the instructions were great until the wiring harness part. The one photo seems very misleading and really threw me off, can't figure out why it was even in the instructions. Seems to show the harness going under the bracket on the Y-Left Axis Carriage, then the very next photo shows it on top of it. Instructions do not show where it should go on the Y-Extrusion and which end goes where, I had to go through several other photos not in the instructions to figure out how it is supposed to be installed. I installed it in the wrong spot, when I tried to remove the screw the allen wrench that was included snapped off leaving the head of the wrench in the screw so now I'll have to drill it out to move it to the correct location. I realize it's hard to put together instructions, but maybe as a test Carbide should hand the photos and instructions to someone who has never assembled it and give their recommendations. Anyway, I hope this leads to constructive changes for the next person, looking forward to getting this together and making something! Happy New Year!