XXL Homing on z axis issue

Assembly questions and answers for the Shapeoko 3 CNC Mill
cvezina

XXL Homing on z axis issue

Post by cvezina » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:00 pm

I have just finished build my Shapeoko 3 XXL. I am trying to jog but first I need to initialize the machine. Normally, the homing sequence is launched. The problem is that I am getting an error where it stated that Z switch has not been detected. Looking at the Z axis I found that it is moving down instead of moving up to hit the switch. After searching the forums, many people are saying that I probably mounted the Z axis the wrong way. I have double check and it seems to be ok. Included is a picture of my Z axis. So, any help would be great.

Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_3016.JPG
IMG_3016.JPG (493.67 KiB) Viewed 1412 times

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: XXL Homing on z axis issue

Post by WillAdams » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am

That seems correct.

The other possibilities are wiring and Grbl settings.

Please try re-sending the defaults, if you're using CM4: http://docs.carbide3d.com/support/carbi ... -motion-v4

We have a page on direction correction at: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php ... Correction which notes the wiring aspect.

If this doesn't help, let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we'll do our best to help you get this sorted out.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

cvezina

Re: XXL Homing on z axis issue

Post by cvezina » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:41 pm

I think I found the problem. The Z switch was always on even if not in contact with the plate (see picture). When touching the switch with my finger, I found it was loosely compared to the other switches. After several push with my finger, the mechanism was fixed and the blue light turned off. I am going to test again the homing sequence later today.

After testing later today, I confirm that the problem is solved.
Attachments
IMG_3017.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG (602.33 KiB) Viewed 1390 times