Limit Switch Wiring?

edward147

Re: Limit Switch Wiring?

Post by edward147 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:38 am

txcas wrote:
eagletree wrote:Those look great. I am curious what you did on the bottom of the Z because I need to replace mine eventually, they are taking up too much best of Modular Electrical System and losing me almost an inch of travel at the bottom. I would be interested in the STLs if you wouldn't mind posting them.
I am wondering the same thing. I will also like to get the STLs.
Hello
Limit Switches are used to let you software know when an axis has come close to or is at the limit of it's physical movement. They work
by being put in such a position that when an axis is near the end of it's travel it will come in contact with it.

DonaldE

Post by DonaldE » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 am

im new to electronics and this really helped me, thank you for explaining.!

electrotwelve

Post by electrotwelve » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi, new to this forum and new to the CNC world. Using the Stepoko from Sparkfun for controlling my laser engraver. I have wired two NC limit switches in series and connected across the opposite ends of the axis. Very similar to this: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic ... 138#p54138 except in my case the NO is not wired to GND but left open.

Can anyone share their grbl settings for this configuration? I'm hoping to use the two switches on either side of the axis as homing and limit switches.

Since I'm using NC switches, I set $5=1 and then enabled hard and soft limits. When I tried homing with these, the axis moved to the far end homed and stopped. Then when I try and move the axis back to zero it says "travel limit reached" and goes into an alarm state.