BEWARE - Reactive Substance Web site - *ISSUE RESOLVED*

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: BEWARE - Reactive Substance Web site - *ISSUE RESOLVED*

Post by WillAdams » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:29 pm

You need to make a few more posts before you're able to send private messages.

I've gone ahead and sent one to ejs on your behalf --- hopefully this will be resolved or explained promptly.

William
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

Kiah

Post by Kiah » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:11 am

Thanks for that William.

ejs

Post by ejs » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Adam, et al.

Generally, if you come across an issue, please send me a PM on the forum. My spam filter will occasionally eat things it should not, so when I get a notification from the Shapeoko forums about a new PM, I have filters set up to make sure it ends up where it ought.

Adam, your order was missed and it's my error. I'm going to send you a spare board from the US and a kit from the UK.

I'm sorry for this; it happens about one time in 48ish by my audit and record--I am going to close down my older PayPal based storefront and leave only the Storenvy shop open. This will help reduce errors going forward, as well as improve inventory control.

EJ
Build it better than it was built for you. And give permission for the next guy to do the same. That's how Open Source works.
ShapeOko # 497: http://bit.ly/reactshop producing the Buildlog CNC Stepper Shield

Kiah

Post by Kiah » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi EJ,

Thanks for responding. I did try to PM prior to posting here but as William mentioned, since I'm new to the forum I need to have made a few posts before the PM option becomes available, currently I cannot PM. Looking forward to getting the board, I don't suppose it will arrive at my location before next Wednesday? I'm happy to pay a little extra for expedited shipping if needed.

Edit: Just noticed you've refunded the payment. I'm happy to forward you the funds again or re-purchase through your shop, let me know which you'd prefer.

Adam

Bulldog

Post by Bulldog » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:30 am

Hello,

I'm also struggling to get in touch with Ej. I gave him a down payment on some freelance CNC work for a project I'm working on. We first met up in October, and he hasn't responded to text messages, voice mails, facebook messages, or anything else. About two weeks ago he sent me an email saying that he got busy during the holidays, and that he would be in touch.

My experience thus far is: He comes off very professional, knowledgeable and friendly right off the bat. I don't know if he just over-commits, or has TERRIBLE communication skills, but at this point, I'm concerned and annoyed.

I still want to work with Ej, since I'm racking my brain trying to get in touch with a reliable CNC/fabrication guy. I've been in contact with some HackADayPittsburgh guys, and have been sending out samples like crazy, but haven't heard much back after I ask to meet.

Can someone please send a message to Ej on my behalf, on the premise that he will check and respond via this forum? Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!

- James

Tuckie

Post by Tuckie » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:25 am

I don't have any direct contact, (and I know your situation is a little unique) but he is still shipping orders. I placed an order on the 22nd, received a shipping notice on the 31st (actual ship date was the 4th), and, weather permitting, it will arrive tomorrow.

Not fantastic turnaround time, but not bad considering the holidays.

Bulldog

Post by Bulldog » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:21 am

Thanks for chiming in, Tuckie!

I only registered here with the intentions of getting in touch with Ej, or, potentially finding a "replacement" Ej. Like I said above, it was a real surprise: He was the last person I expected to stop responding and dissappear, considering the broad spectrum of freelance/contractors I've worked with.

I'm hoping this is an EXCEPTIONAL holiday blur (October to January is a bit long). To be fair, he has been in touch a few times, he just hasn't come through with any deliverables or kept in touch at all throughout the last 6 weeks, other than the 2 sentence email saying he would be in touch in the New Year.

He seems like a really nice, upstanding guy. I hope this gets his attention and proves my initial intuition right!

Kiah

Post by Kiah » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:30 am

Just an update from my initial issue, the parts I odered arrive about two weeks ago. Good quality stuff, EJ ended up refunding my purchase amount which I would like to repay.

Bulldog

Post by Bulldog » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:57 am

Just an update...

Ej contacted me today and said he's been ill for the past 2 weeks with the flu. I'm happy to hear from him. I'm very flexible and reasonable with lead times, etc....I just wanted to stay in contact, get an amended timeline, etc.

I'll keep you all updated either way. Thanks for the pm(s)! Great suggestions!

landerramos

Post by landerramos » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:56 am

Hello,

Like Adam did, I purchased some parts to EJ from his website on november (09/11/2013).
Some parts were shipped from UK and I have them working already, but I have no news about the parts that must be shipped from EJ.

I was filling the paypal dispute form when I suddenly discover this thread.

I'm new to the forum, so I can not send PMs to EJ and he is not responding to my emails.

I hope EJ read this post and send me a PM so we can solve this issue friendly.

Sorry if this is not the place to post this sort of comments.

Lander