Help for create pcb board from my circuit!

ArtFaks

Help for create pcb board from my circuit!

Post by ArtFaks » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi, i'm trying to create a electronic board for my limit-switch indicator and RX/TX Serial indicator but being beginner and being not very skilled in electronics i'm just looking for help here.

I've my electronic circuit diagram and i would like to create my PCB as better as possible.

Could you help me to create this electronic board and thus validate my circuit diagram.
I would replace terminations/connections of these circuit diagram by terminal screw blocks of this type - or that type - to simplify the wiring.

I would like to inform that isn't me that created the circuit diagram, it's a very skilled person in electronics that it kindly create for me.

I more or less understand the schema, the only thing i've trouble to understand it's the wiring.

CIRCUIT DIAGRAM
enstop-serial-indicator.jpg
enstop-serial-indicator.jpg (280.14 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
Eagle file
enstop-serial-indicator.zip
(208.45 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Thanks for your help.
Shapeoko2 - Homemade CNC Control box - 400W/48V Chinese Spindle - Protoneer V3 Shield + DRV8825
Process - Illustrator > Makercam > UGCS

AnonymousPerson

Re: Help for create pcb board from my circuit!

Post by AnonymousPerson » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Would Fritzing be useful for you? :)

http://fritzing.org/home
Shapeoko 3 #516

ArtFaks

Post by ArtFaks » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Thanks for reply !

I already tried Fritzing, but on my Mac doesn't stop crash (not stable and full of bugs), and, Eagle has a better "autorouter" I believe!
Shapeoko2 - Homemade CNC Control box - 400W/48V Chinese Spindle - Protoneer V3 Shield + DRV8825

ArtFaks

Post by ArtFaks » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 pm

The images speak louder than words and my translations aren't as good that i think, so, here's a picture with the questions I ask myself!
enstop-indicator-questions.jpg
enstop-indicator-questions.jpg (114.96 KiB) Viewed 1805 times

CrazyBillybob

Post by CrazyBillybob » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:19 pm

The Blue one goes to the X-Endstop pin input on the micro-controller. On the Ardunio / Grbl Shield setup that would be pin 9. On the Shapeoko3 Carbide Motion board it's the bottom Right (don't have a pin out) refer to the directions here http://docs.carbide3d.com/article/67-sh ... stallation

The +5V can come from the Arduniio or the Carbide Motion boards. Really no need for a separate supply for that.

Hope that helps,
CBB

ArtFaks

Post by ArtFaks » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:55 pm

Thanks a lot @CrazyBillybob, now i will test this circuit on Breadboard.

ArtFaks

Post by ArtFaks » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:06 pm

Sorry, but it as nothing to do with my request!

PsyKo

Post by PsyKo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Hello,

Bumping on the topic (sorry for post squatting), @CrazyBillybob is there any chance you know how to control a 5V circuit with a 3.3v signal using a transistor (as described here http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&start=10)?

Thank you.
Shapeoko #736
Kress 800, Z Axis upgrade, dual Y, 600mm X&Y rails, metal spacers and V Wheels, home switches, 4th axis
Goko - Free CNC Control Software - http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic ... 380#p44380

CrazyBillybob

Post by CrazyBillybob » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:13 pm

PsyKo wrote:Hello,

Bumping on the topic (sorry for post squatting), @CrazyBillybob is there any chance you know how to control a 5V circuit with a 3.3v signal using a transistor (as described here http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&start=10)?

Thank you.
Yes.
You need a 5V power supply and a transistor. I'm at work so I can't do the math for resistor values and such. but this image here is the General guideline.

You need an RB that will saturate B (base) on the Transistor @ 3.3V (or 0V if you use a PNP type). This causes the current to flow in the Transistor which would get you 5V on the output.

I'll see if I can't get the resistor values and a better diagram for you as well.

CBB

**Edit***

Someone else out there did all the work for me. Just had to Google 3.3V to 5 V Logic level shifter
In this case the GPIO is your 3,3V logic output. The Load should be a 1.5K resistor and your 5V output should be between the load and the transistor.

There are a bunch of different ways to shift between logic levels. This is just one example.

The easiest way is to get a 74CH08 (AND Gate) supply it with 5Vdc . Take two inputs and tie them together. (the output of this will be inverted so off would be on) to correct the inversion take the output of that gate and feed it to 2 more inputs tied together that gates output will be 5Vdc and correct.
I know there are some non-inverting hex buffers out there that can do the same thing but in one step... (harder to find more expensive)

Good luck
CBB