Reprap Toolchain

DJUltis

Reprap Toolchain

Post by DJUltis » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:01 am

I've had a blown out mosfet line on my Sanguinololu electronics for some time, and so i figure I'll be a bit opportunistic and use it to run the Shapeoko. I've also never used the milling/cutting profiles on Skeinforge and so this seems like a perfect time to experiment.

So my workflow will be:
3D Modeling-->Skeingforge gCode slicer-->Pronterface Host (or PyCam)

I hope that using the Sanguinololu board and Reprap toolchain will give me a good foundation to add on the fourth axis in time and use the remaining working mosfet line to do something yet unknown but cool in the future as well.

MLange

Re: Reprap Toolchain

Post by MLange » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:45 am

Cool :) Pics and a writeup would be sweet :mrgreen:
Shapeoko #280 (Inventables Batch #1)

DJUltis

Post by DJUltis » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 am

Yeah will do!

calica

Post by calica » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:43 am

Which firmware are you going to use? Also, please try pyCAM. Maybe someone can provide a CAMBAM gcode for you. I'm really curious how the reprap firmwares handle non-skeinforge (or slic3r) gcode. Do they support arcs, for instance.

Thanks.

PS Would you recommend the Sanguinololu? My older RAMPs could use a replacement.

DJUltis

Post by DJUltis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:22 am

I'll see what it can do. A friend of mine loves CAMBAM, so he can give me some gcode to try out. I currently run RAMPS 1.4 on both of my printers, but others in my hackerspace run Sanguinololu as well. I would be too on one machine, but do to some bad entries of MOSFETS in the kit BOM a few months back, that part of the board is borked. I don't know about arcs, but will be glad to test!

orcinus

Post by orcinus » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 pm

calica wrote: Do they support arcs, for instance.
Marlin does.