The features of this approach:
- * Designing machine and CNC controller in one.
* Provides power for keeping my motor drivers cool with a simple PC fan.
* All-in-one design - housing Arduino, Shield, and Power Supply.
* Still a small form factor for a computer.
* Power supply mounts in DVD drive bay.
* Case features front panel temperature readouts which could be connected to the motor controller.
* Protection for Arduino from chips and dust.
* Motor breakout right on the back of the case...simple setup, modular.
* Front panel Arduino reset button.
- *I have a big stop button on order which I will mount on one of the 5 1/2 in bays.
*Nicer button labels...I don't like the black on gray.
*Connect temperature probes to motor controller heat sinks.
Here you see the fan attached to the PC's fan supply
Here's where I mounted this little tower inside the PC case.