Aspire on MAC using Parallel

Aspire on MAC using Parallel

Postby apopj » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:07 pm

I bought a new PC to run Aspire. What a PITA windows is. I have been using Apple computers since college and have gotten used to the ease with which they handle basic operations. I returned the PC after trying to download Aspire for 20 minutes. What is a driver and if the software is designed for Windows, why do you need a driver? Why do you have to push so many buttons to get to a program? Anyhow, my question is this....

I have been using Carbide Create and it works perfectly. I would like to expand a bit and use Aspire/Vcarve on my MAC. If I load one of the Parallel Programs (12) will I be able to run either or both of these programs with my MAC? I use YouTube an unhealthy amount and find that the videos on these two programs seem to make them best to start with.

So, if you are using one of these programs through a Parallel bit of software, please let me know how well it is working for you......

Dr. Jeff Popa :roll:
apopj

Re: Aspire on MAC using Parallel

Postby WillAdams » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Unfortunately, Apple hasn't made anything I want to buy since I had to buy OPENSTEP 4.2 from them --- running Vectric programs using Parallels (or Boot Camp) is pretty popular, and is supposed to work well, so much so that folks usually just report doing it, and don't mention problems.

If there are problems, Parallels and Vectric are both commercial programs which should be able to offer tech support.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)
WillAdams

Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Postby chambrot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:19 pm

I have been a Mac user for many years, and switched to Windows about 2 years ago...never looked back.

When it comes to CAD / CAM for CNC Windows is where its at.

In the end I think it better to have a Windows PC to run Aspire / Vcarve than to run it on Windows on a Mac.

If your issue is with Windows, whats the difference between running it on a PC and running it on a Mac?
Custom ShapeOko using original design, 1000mm MakerSlide X Axis, Double 1000mm MakerSlide Y Axis, Nema 23 on all, upgraded Z Axis, Dremel 300, controlled by TinyG
chambrot

Postby apopj » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Just a quick follow-up. I called Apple support and they walked me through loading bootcamp and windows on my iMac. It works perfectly, no problems, no glitches, and since all I use windows for is Aspire, I don't have to learn to jump through the windows hoops. Thanks for the help.

Jeff
apopj

Postby Gennyswiss0 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:00 am

I have tried to install this on my Mac but it leads to many ipod touch problems when I tried to install it in it as well. What shall I do to install the Aspire in my iPod successfully?
Gennyswiss0

Return to Software - CAD, CAM, Workflow Help