Manually set Zero

ahelwig

Manually set Zero

Post by ahelwig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:22 pm

Trying to enter ina zero point manually. Im new to this. I have a shapeoko XXL (using carbide motion) and am running 80 of the same inlays on the same size wood. I set up a corner jig on my table so the pieces will always be in the same place. When I turned the tool on and initialize it (in the far back right corner) and cleared all offsets the position said -5,-5,-5. I then brought the bit over to the starting point of my project and before I clicked on "zero all" I made a note of the x,y coordinates. I then zeroed all and ran a few of my projects. This was about a week ago. Mid week I ran a different project in a different spot on my table so I needed to get rid of the zero point for my first 80 piece project. Now I know I can go back and spend 5 minutes creating another zero point back at my jig, but was wondering if there was a way I could just manually enter the numbers. This way I dont have to "set 0" every time I go back to use that jig. I did go into my "set Zero" dialog dialog box. It let me highlight the fields and change the numbers, but they didnt take. When I hit "done" it brought me back to the "jog" dialog box I clicked on "jog to current zero" the router doent move. When I click agin on the "set zero" dialog box the numbers I had entered had just changed to -5. So router didnt move.

THoughts?

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Manually set Zero

Post by WillAdams » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:14 am

You should be able to just leave the zero and it should be persistent.

If you've changed it and want to go back and know the offset, then use the MDI to move to the desired zero point, then set the zero there.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)