I've put version 3.1 of Grbl Controller on github. I haven't built the binaries yet, but I have run it on Windows and on the Raspberry Pi.
Most important, it supports the new 0.8c Grbl code. The other enhancements/issues are below, dumped here from the README file. Note: I had to change the project name in the registry, so those of you who ran V3.0 may need to reenter your settings in the options dialog again (promise this is the first and only time this will happen).
If I could get a volunteer or two to run it through its paces and I get the thumbs up, I'll make the binaries asap.
Also, I've taken Bob's excellent writeup and created a page on how to run Grbl Controller on the Raspberry Pi:
http://zapmaker.org/raspberry-pi/runnin ... pberry-pi/
- Supports Grbl 0.8c. Still supports 0.8a. 0.51 is supported but without LCDs.
- Grbl settings dialog is now a table of dynamic length depending on # of params.
- LCD position data is now obtained from Grbl and is *not* computed
- Added LCD displays for both machine and work coordinates
- Cycling of Grbl via COM port toggling has been completely removed, except
that Close button has now been renamed Close / Reset.
- Position data on Grbl is persisted as long as possible to allow for repositioning, etc.
- Zero work coordinates has been added (G92)
- Go-to-home feature added (lifts tool 5 mm above max height reached and traverses
to x=0, y=0)
- Option to put manual command (back) into absolute mode after jog button command
- Grbl Soft reset (Ctrl-X) button added
- Z-axis rate limiting capability added. Only affects file, not jog or manual commands.
- User is required to specify which measurement mode they are using, mm or inches:
* Default is millimeters
* Grbl is configured to operate in either mm or inches
* If a file is sent in inches and user is in mm, it will auto-restore to mm
after the file has been sent (and vice-versa, mm->inches)
- 0.8c enhancements:
* Displays current Grbl state (i.e. Run, Idle, etc.)
* LCDs display whether values are in inches or millimeters
* Unlock Grbl button added ($X)
* Determines and sets parser state for current mm/inch command mode ($G)
* Determines and sets coordinate units via $13
- Removed annoying "No movement expected for command" message
- Flags that cross threads have been changed to use QAtomicInt
- Version is now shown in title bar
- A basic log file feature has been added
- Runs on the Raspberry Pi!
- The registry key product name has been changed from GCodeSender to GrblController
*** WARNING: Old settings are not migrated ****
- Switching between millimeters and inches works, but has not been fully tested
- Go to home has not been fully tested with inches mode
- Manually issuing $13 or G20/G21 can confuse the program