Software (for Linux) that works with BitZero?

Tango

Software (for Linux) that works with BitZero?

Post by Tango » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:48 pm

I'm going to be buying a new Shapeoko 3 XXL. I've seen a lot of systems use a Z-probe to establish a zero for the Z axis. I know if I use Carbide as a G-Code sender, that will work with the BitZero. The problem is I'll be using a Linux system in my shop for at least the next 6 months and can't use Carbide.

Has anyone used BitZero with other software, such as bCNC? If I could use it at least as a Z-probe now, with third party software, until I have a Mac down in the shop, it's worth it to get a BitZero now and not just a Z-probe now and then get a BitZero later.

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Software (for Linux) that works with BitZero?

Post by WillAdams » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:44 pm

You can use it with any software you wish --- you just have to compensate for the Probe's dimensions, either by adjusting an offset or using a macro.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

Tango

Re: Software (for Linux) that works with BitZero?

Post by Tango » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:19 am

WillAdams wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:44 pm
You can use it with any software you wish --- you just have to compensate for the Probe's dimensions, either by adjusting an offset or using a macro.
Thanks, WillAdams. I asked about this on my other topic before I got a notice to look here. (So just ignore the other one.)