Work flow help

Lookin4help

Work flow help

Post by Lookin4help » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 pm

I have attached a .jpg picture file and am wondering if anyone can take a look at it and offer some suggestions. In the picture you will note that the stars and the stripes have cut just fine. The next thing it should have cut was a US Navy logo. I stopped the project as it was part way into cutting the logo. You will note that the program is cutting parts of the logo just fine, other places in the logo the cutter is barely touching the wood, and in some places the cutter is not even contacting the wood. I am wondering if I might be able to run the router over the center of where the logo should be cut, drop the tip of the cutter to the surface of the wood and use that point as my Z axis zero point, then move the router to the appropriate X, Y zero points and then run the project. My machine has both bit setter and touch pad. I suspect I would have to disable bit setter to do this. Beyond that I don't have a clue how to do this. Can anyone offer me any help? Maybe I just have to add this to my scrap pile?

I am using standard lumber from Lowe's and wonder if the cause of the problem is that it is not the same thickness throughout. If that's the case then I will have to run all my wood through a joiner and planer?

Any thoughts?
Attachments
20201231_155254.jpg
20201231_155254.jpg (476.95 KiB) Viewed 286 times