GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

WillAdams
Posts: 8618
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:11 pm
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15
Contact:

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by WillAdams » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 am

xpix wrote:Maybe this helps. I found this GRBL Streamer, he has a visalizer in python/opengl. I guess (im perl developer) the class "class drawgcode(MyCanvasBase)" visualize the gcode. Maybe we can recycle this?
Heck, I'm a (La)TeX guy --- I'd be happy w/ gcode2pdf (I found eps which would be okay if I could get it compiled) or gcode2<fooimage>.

I'd still like a nice IDE w/ a pre-processor which would allow loops and variables, but arguably, that's FreeCAD, just not as direct as I'd like.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

wlanfox
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by wlanfox » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 pm

xpix wrote:Maybe we can recycle this?
Not a bad idea... at the moment I use http://openscam.com/ to visuallize the GCODE... but yes actually seeing the GCODE as your stepping trough each line would be way more nicer.

Did you get a change to play with it for your PCBs? how did it go?

xpix
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by xpix » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 am

wlanfox wrote:
xpix wrote:Maybe we can recycle this?
Did you get a change to play with it for your PCBs? how did it go?
No i dont play with this ;) I just found this and maybe we can use a part of code "class drawgcode(MyCanvasBase)" in your GCS as gcode visualizer? :)

wlanfox
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by wlanfox » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 pm

xpix wrote:
wlanfox wrote:
xpix wrote:Maybe we can recycle this?
Did you get a change to play with it for your PCBs? how did it go?
No i dont play with this ;) I just found this and maybe we can use a part of code "class drawgcode(MyCanvasBase)" in your GCS as gcode visualizer? :)
I took a peek at this project, the only issue is that is GPLv3 I was original going to go with BSD and then decided on GPLv2 not sure I like to bring GLP v3 in and all the restrictions....

xpix
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by xpix » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 am

wlanfox wrote:I took a peek at this project, the only issue is that is GPLv3 I was original going to go with BSD and then decided on GPLv2 not sure I like to bring GLP v3 in and all the restrictions....

I understand, i found anothe pice of python software to display gcode in 3D.
Very intresting and has GLP v2, but more complex. Maybe is intresting for us:

http://dkobozev.github.com/tatlin/

Image

xpix
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by xpix » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi,

i used GSA now as my standard tool on a win7 machine and have some topix:

- i can't save my configuration. After every start i have to input data for my camera and the right serial port.
- Cambam save all gcode files with suffix nc. Can we add this in the file open dialog?

At the end ... a great tool, i will never miss this :)

wlanfox
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by wlanfox » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

xpix wrote:Hi,

i used GSA now as my standard tool on a win7 machine and have some topix:

- i can't save my configuration. After every start i have to input data for my camera and the right serial port.
- Cambam save all gcode files with suffix nc. Can we add this in the file open dialog?

At the end ... a great tool, i will never miss this :)
Hi xpix,

This will point to non of the stetting being save at all, is there maybe a users permission problem? The configuration is saved to file on exit.
1.0.0 is now an old version from my PoV, do you mind trying the latest and see if the problem still exits I have changed quite a few things (mostly UI, adding gCODE syntax highlighting, and separating code in modules for better scalability). I am not ready to resale 1.1.0 yet but very close... never the less on version 1.0.0 I tested the configuration gets saved in Windows and Linux, even deleted the .gcs (Linux) or gcs.ini (Windows) to test default values are correct. This file should be in you home directory in windows 7 is c:\users\<username>.

I also just added code to save the configuration not only on exit but also when you click the OK button in the settings Dialog.

with regards to the extensions, "*.nc" is one of the ones I set. But i think it is a pull down to select the type. Yes I just double check on windows at the bottom next to the file name it says "ncg (*.ncg)" and that is a pull-down button; "nc (*.nc)" is the second option.

gWILDCARD = \
"ngc (*.ngc)|*.ngc|" \
"nc (*.nc)|*.nc|" \
"gcode (*.gcode)|*.gcode|" \
"All files (*.*)|*.*"


Thanks for the feedback.


The release candidate (rc) branch for 1.1.0 is:
https://github.com/duembeg/gcs/tree/ui_find_gotoline
Last edited by wlanfox on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xpix
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by xpix » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:34 pm

wlanfox wrote: I also just added code to save the configuration not only on exit but also when you click the OK button in the settings Dialog.

with regards to the extensions, "*.nc" is one of the ones I set. But i think it is a pull down to select the type. Yes I just double check on windows at the bottom next to the file name it says "ncg (*.ncg)" and that is a pull-down button; "nc (*.nc)" is the second option.
Thanks, all problems are gone that i delete the old file gcs.ini. Now gcs save everything. Thanks!!

wlanfox
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by wlanfox » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:55 am

New release v1.1.0

https://github.com/duembeg/gcs/tree/v1.1.0

Code: Select all

* UI updates
   * Added Find and Goto Line controls to tool bar.
   * Added G-Code syntax highlighting.
   * Updated icons to more colorful versions.
   * Removed CLI panel, moved CLI into Jogging panel.
* Separated code into modules, for better maintainability and preparing for plug-in support.

wlanfox
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 am

Re: GCODE Step and Alignment Tool

Post by wlanfox » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Screenshot - v1.1.0

Image

Post Reply