Cross Platform Graphical Gcode Sender

AtomSoft

Re: Cross Platform Graphical Gcode Sender

Post by AtomSoft » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Thanks RsWeaver! I hope everything runs smoothly for you as it does for me and many others. I am around if anything... my other email is Jason@atomsofttech.com... feel free to contact with any advice or questions.

Good job Will... :)
Blog / Store
Live to Love, Not to Hate.
You're not a failure because you don't make it, you're a success because you tried.
Do you like the help i give? Think i deserve a tip? DONATE

dointhangs

Post by dointhangs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 am

I'M DRIVING AROUND WITH MY ARROW KEYS WILL. THIS IS PHYSICAL COMPUTING WILL.
I'm excited Will. props. If there are hidden keys to control z axis that would be the last thing. I've been mashing a bunch of keys in search of it but I dont think it made this cut. No big deal. So cool.
Shapeoko #298, dual drive upgrade, acme z axis, open bed endplates and a slightly larger ("expanded desktop") work area!

sea2stars

Post by sea2stars » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:46 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (112.25 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
I have it connected to a MEGA that doesn't have grbl on it yet but I can connect to it. I may have to play around to get it to connect to my Uno and then test if I can send commands and get things moving; still need to put my electronics back together though. Currently getting the amount of RAM used on the system down, but with new RasPis coming with 512MB of RAM...

dointhangs

Post by dointhangs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:51 pm

sea2stars this is very nice please keep us up to date - I want to do this sometime too. I have my own little report. Finally got the leonardo up and going with these little 2x2 LED button pad sparkfun sells. Its pretty cool. The "keyboard.press" function is a little different than a digitalWrite function in terms of debounce. Different as in I couldnt figure out how to do it. I just put in a "keyboardRelease All" after a delay of one millisecond. And then only put a step size of 0.1mm on will's program. quick video: http://youtu.be/6vvfrl2XiIc
Shapeoko #298, dual drive upgrade, acme z axis, open bed endplates and a slightly larger ("expanded desktop") work area!

xpix

Post by xpix » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi, sorry this is my first post in the forum ;)

I use this Graphicaö Gcode Sender often for my Shapeoko. One of the features is to pause the running program and resume this.

If it possible to program one or more Breakpoints? May i want at command in row 1012 to make a break and change the tool, i check the checkbox 'pause' and the program stop in this commandline. May the shapeoko can understand some additional commands (Z 40)?

Will Winder

Post by Will Winder » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi Xpix,

Thanks for posting, I'm glad you find my program useful.

This is something I want to add, but there are some technical issues.
1) The pause button can stop GRBL half way through a command, so it would have to continue until the end of the command and then insert the "Z 40".
2) Currently I stream commands to GRBL, so there are probably several commands already sent to GRBL which would need to finish.

I opened up a ticket on the github page to help me remember this when I get back into active development: https://github.com/winder/Universal-G-C ... /issues/25

Thanks
Will
ShapeOko #367: Dual-Y drive, Belt on outside, 1000mm Y-Axis, DW660 Spindle, Nema-23 X/Y motors.

Primary developer on Universal Gcode Sender.

derFrickler

Post by derFrickler » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi Will,

Great tool you did there, like it allready and my eSkapeoko ist not even completely build ;-)

Just found a small bug yesterday. In the manual Control tab you can set the manual step-size.
Problem here, depending on the system locale the field uses a . or , as number-seperator, on german systems it uses the , in the field to enter and display the value and then the , is used allthough in the GCode commands which are invalid like that.

additonally page-up page-down keys to manually control the Z axis would be nice.

If you have no time to fix this i might fix it on my own - got some Java experience, they even pay me for that all day ;_)

Have you taken a look at the grblgui project?
https://github.com/cody82/grblgui
a window in the gcodesender showing the toolpath would be quite cool.

Thanks a lot
Johannes

alpha

Post by alpha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Will,

https://github.com/grbl/grbl/wiki/Configuring-Grbl-v0.8

Looks like the V0.8d is adding a whole lot of new features! The homing is now done with $H. And I think it would be nice to display the work and machine position using the ?

Will Winder

Post by Will Winder » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:47 pm

alpha wrote:Hi Will,

https://github.com/grbl/grbl/wiki/Configuring-Grbl-v0.8

Looks like the V0.8d is adding a whole lot of new features! The homing is now done with $H. And I think it would be nice to display the work and machine position using the ?
I took a look at this yesterday, I'd like to add these changes but I'm not sure when I'll have a chance. They're on the list though.
ShapeOko #367: Dual-Y drive, Belt on outside, 1000mm Y-Axis, DW660 Spindle, Nema-23 X/Y motors.

Primary developer on Universal Gcode Sender.

xpix

Post by xpix » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:27 am

Will Winder wrote: This is something I want to add, but there are some technical issues.
1) The pause button can stop GRBL half way through a command, so it would have to continue until the end of the command and then insert the "Z 40".
2) Currently I stream commands to GRBL, so there are probably several commands already sent to GRBL which would need to finish.
Hmm, no i think another Flow is possible.
* I load the nc file, and this will display in "Command Table" Tab. i search for a toolchange and add a template (Preferences) at this position.
* Or another example, in Preferences i can choose a Regex search (M6) that replace this command with my Template if i want and in every nc file that i load? ;)