GCodeTeleporter.com - Another Free Windows GCode Sender

ThinkItShapeIt

Re: GCodeTeleporter.com - Another Free Windows GCode Sender

Post by ThinkItShapeIt » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:21 pm

I started working on an application in Javafx but I'm not close to being done. Two features that would be nice are an updated label next to the step size showing units (i.e. mm or in). And a dropdown box to select that active work coordinate system.

Based on the pic, I will definitely give it a try.

philc

Post by philc » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:14 am

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Will add to the to do list.
Shapeoko 2 - CNC Shield & TinyG - 400w spindle - (Sketchup -> CamBam -> GCode Teleporter)
My Software: GCode Teleporter - GCode Truncater
http://www.thingiverse.com/philc

FredericG

Post by FredericG » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:39 pm

I have a feature request. It would be cool if it would be possible to attach a joystick to the PC for jogging.

Twice it happened that while a script was being executed, the system would just halt. When pressing the "Current Status" button, GRBL would continue a bit (probably executing one G code line) and stop again. Could it be that an OK response from GRBL was lost? Not 100% sure this is caused by the GCode Teleporter, but the only time that I have encountered was with teleporter...

Thanks,
Frederic

philc

Post by philc » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:44 pm

It's certainly possible it missed a response. Could you send me the GCode file so I can debug using your file? I'll be able to determine if the code is chocking because of the file.
Shapeoko 2 - CNC Shield & TinyG - 400w spindle - (Sketchup -> CamBam -> GCode Teleporter)

FredericG

Post by FredericG » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:55 pm

I have sent you the files. Perhaps useful to mention is that I use GRBL 0.9 and so uses 115200 baudrate

Frederic

MeanderBolt

Post by MeanderBolt » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Wow, very cool.
I read the feature set, but it sounds like it is not so much of a full listing?
I am not sure if you were designing for all your wishes, and I know that sometimes you get into trouble asking for ideas as it is an opening of the floodgates, then it becomes a question of priorities. But if said gates are open... Perhaps...
A list box or buttons for the most commonly used increments for jogging. (10, 1, .1, .01) for mm, and similar for inches. Keyboard shortcuts for such a thing would also be sweet.
Perhaps this function is already there, but the ability to start (or restart) a job from a specific point in the file. This way, if there is a glitch (which never happens with Shapeokos ;) ), we can abort, and restart as necessary. More, you've taken care of logging line numbers, so this might not be too hard.
Shapeoko 2 # 3569 - DW660
Current tool chain > Draftsight > CamBam > ChiliPeppr
Build log

aeleus

Post by aeleus » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Nice work. There's a lot to like here.

I tried it out and here's some feedback:

Current positions are showing blank (it seems you already are working on that, but that's a key function)

I have to click the drop-down and select my baud rate every time I open the program. It would be nice if it just remembered.

Under manual control, the step size displays "5", but is actually 1 unless I change it.

Some asks:

Show current status ($G output) as well as position. I'm always wondering whether I'm in absolute or relative coordinates, mm or in, feed rate, etc.

There's a ding every time I hit enter on a command. It gets annoying after a while.

The black font on dark red for the controls on the right is hard to read - maybe make it white on red/black on green. You might want the text to actually change as well for those that may be colorblind.

It would be nice to be able to disable the file explorer interface on the top left. It's just taking up space most of the time.

It would be great to be able to customize the buttons on the right so they execute a custom command or sequence of commands.

Finally, keep touch screens in mind as you work on the interface (button sizes pinch and zoom, etc.).

I'm no developer, but I'd be happy to help test out versions and features as you work on this.

Thanks!
ShapeOko 2 #6502 w/ NEMA 23 (140oz) motors (X and Y), Acme Screw Z-axis, Arduino/grblShield/grbl v0.9g
Spindles: Dremel 395; 400W BLDC

philc

Post by philc » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:18 pm

All great feedback, thanks. I'm in the process of working on a new release and will incorporate what is feasible this go around. I got you down as a tester so I'll be in touch when I'm needing something tested out.

Nermill

Post by Nermill » Tue May 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi people - I made a cnc - "Nermill" -- Ardunio / Win 7 / Desktop. I use Cambam and Gcode Teleporter and all was well.....until....I tried to load Gcode Teleporter on a desktop (Win 7). It seemed to load well , but when I clicked on the icon , the little circle spiralled - but it did not open - what could be the problem.....I am presently using Grbl 3.6.1 as a controller, but much preffer to use Gcode Teleporter - please assist if u can.