can someone tell me what im doing wrong???

tsikows

Re: can someone tell me what im doing wrong???

Post by tsikows » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 pm

mount_svg.txt
(79.76 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
here is the cad file. dont know if it will work though.

AlBorland

Post by AlBorland » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 am

I couldn't import the SVG cleanly into any cad program, so I drew a new one in Sketchup and created toolpaths in SketchUcam. If I got the dimensions right (big hole 65mm, small one 30mm), you can use the gcode or play around with the model.
I took the parameter from the old cut, but please do an air-cut before wasting material.
Shapeoko2, 4xNEMA23, tinyg, Kress 1050, various Z axis modifications

m_itko

Post by m_itko » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem.My gcode for 3Dfinishing is about 72000 row.During operation, the machine stops working and send messages Sned G-Code filed.
Material size is 160 x 160 mm.
1.png
1.png (38.08 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
Code generated my friend from Aspire with Shapeoko_PostP_mm.
Where is my error and how can the problem be solved?

criznach

Post by criznach » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:21 pm

tsikows, I agree with chris33 that your current setting may still be the problem. If your drivers and motors never even get warm, I suspect you'll need to turn the current up on the axis that are getting off track. My motors and drivers definitely get warm and I don't get any missed steps. There's a precise way to do it with a multimeter, or you can use trial and error. The multimeter method is in the wiki somewhere I believe.

If you don't have a multimeter, set up a quick circle cut or similar that you can cut multiple times in a piece of waste material. Use a generous step down because we're trying to see when the machine misses steps. After each run, turn your current adjustments down bit by bit (CCW) - maybe 5 minutes on a clock dial each time. You should start seeing missed steps do to insufficient current. Next, start working the other way turning the current up slightly (CW). At some point you should start seeing missed steps due to thermal shutdown. Back off slightly from this point, and you have a decent setting.

m_itko, if your machine just stops responding to commands but doesn't move in unexpected directions, you may be experiencing USB noise. That's a different problem which has been discussed here in the forums many times.

tsikows

Post by tsikows » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:48 pm

ok ill give motor current a shot. i understand perfectly how to adjust with the potentiometers. my question is, where does the acceleration setting come into play? from what i understand, if you adjust motor current, you have to adjust the acceleration as well.
also what would i be looking for when measuring with a DVOM and where would i get my reading from?

tsikows

Post by tsikows » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:18 am

well i think i got this all figured out. between adjusting the motor current and using cambam rather than meshcam, the issue seems to have disappeared.