Illustrator ro ESTLCAM

Estlcam

Re: Illustrator ro ESTLCAM

Post by Estlcam » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:32 am

Hi,
markoutram wrote:When I open the .svg file in ESTLCAM it is a little over 3.5 times larger than I expected it to be in both directions.
SVG files can use different units and some of them are interpreted differently on different devices. The SVG support of Estlcam Version 7 is very basic and ignores units completely.
Version 8 has a unit selection dialog and the default setting should match a regular Inkscape file.
If it does not work correctly just write me a mail - Estlcam 8 is still an early beta version and I'm a German guy usually testing things in metric units so I'm quite prone to oversee issues with imperial units.
markoutram wrote:My problem is now in ESTLCAM. The file I have attached is for a standing tree. The simple shape is fine when I select part, it creates a path around the outside of the object.
This is a problem that unfortunately happens sometimes - my algorithm to determine outer or inner shape only works 99.9%.
Version 8 now uses an improved algorithm and works correctly with your file (but still may fail in very rare circumstances)

Christian
Estlcam CAM and Arduino UNO CNC controller: www.estlcam.com

chenwei

Re: Illustrator ro ESTLCAM

Post by chenwei » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:29 am

It is known problem with adobe products to have buggy SVG support. I suggest you trying opensource inkscape to open it in vector and export in any kind of formats .

Inkscape is great, esp. for being opensource and free. Inkscape is pretty easy to use and has a lot of neat, hobbyist, plugins that do interesting things.

I am currently using Inkscape for logo designs . I have a XP-Pen Deco Pro drawing pad with a pressure sensitive pen works with inkscape straight out of the box . and yes! it helps my workflow a lot .