Carbide Motion compatible post processor for V-Carve Pro

LTEPM

Carbide Motion compatible post processor for V-Carve Pro

Post by LTEPM » Mon May 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Does anyone have a working post processor compatible with V-Carve Pro or Desktop? I am trying to use the trial software and appear to be having some challenges with the basic GRBL .08c post processor in the trial software working with my SO3. Not sure if it is the SW, Post processor, or my settings.

dws

Re: Carbide Motion compatible post processor for V-Carve Pro

Post by dws » Tue May 19, 2015 2:34 am

I am new to all of this. Still waiting on my Shapeoko 3. I have been trying out V-Carve Pro and I really like it. I am not sure if the post for Shapeoko 2 and 3 are the same. I have attached a post for Shapeoko 2. Let me know if it works.

Thanks,
David
Attachments
ShapeokoPP.zip
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 513 times

LTEPM

Post by LTEPM » Tue May 19, 2015 3:43 am

Thanks for posting the processor. Hopefully the trial version allows me to install it.

Update. Was able to install in the trial version V-Carve Desktop and it worked great.

jdw1865

Post by jdw1865 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Thanks for posting the post processor. I have been pulling my hair out with this issue all afternoon. Down loaded your file, put it in my post processor folder in V-Carve Desktop and was finally able to cut my first project.

Timman

Post by Timman » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:29 am

In Vcarve Pro use Grbl 0.8c(mm)*.gcode (and Zero your Z at the bottom of your stock) its the only way I could get it to work.

It is the best that they have right now. Carbide 3D is working with them to create a Post Processor just for the Shapeoko 3. Like they have for every other CNC router out there.
Shapeoko 3, Limit Switches and Custom Aluminum Bed

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:10 am

Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/Makita RT0701 Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Elaire precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

LTEPM

Post by LTEPM » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:07 am

Timman wrote:In Vcarve Pro use Grbl 0.8c(mm)*.gcode (and Zero your Z at the bottom of your stock) its the only way I could get it to work.

It is the best that they have right now. Carbide 3D is working with them to create a Post Processor just for the Shapeoko 3. Like they have for every other CNC router out there.
I've been using the PP posted by @dws and it has been working fine in V Carve desktop. Pro should be the same.