ChiliPeppr Auto Level works but not in Inches - SO3

woodworkerbob

ChiliPeppr Auto Level works but not in Inches - SO3

Post by woodworkerbob » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Using the auto level of http://chilipeppr.com/imania (a newer version of the grbl workspace). Got the auto level function to work with a limit switch providing the "contact" signal (non-conductive probe) in MILLIMETERS. Yea I rejoiced. Now I can go forth and cut out that design on a slightly warped but pretty board.

However the design was in inches. I set everything up in inches, did a test probe within Auto Level, which worked successfully. Did the run and got a "probe failure". I then noticed that the Units displayed in the widget on the right had changed from Inches to Millimeters. This would explain the probe failure.

In the set up panel for Auto Level, a Max Negative Z must be specified. The probe must be triggered before that Max Negative Z value is hit otherwise a probe error occurs. In Millimeters my Max Negative Z value is -1. In Inches that value is -.1.

So here's what I think happens. ChiliPeppr issues the G38.2 Z-.1 F.3 command after issuing a G21 (go to millimeters). The probe was not triggered before -0.1 was encountered and a probe failure was issued.

I can not be certain because I haven't figured out how to get a detailed transcript of G code.

Any help with getting a detailed transcript?
Any other Luddite, besides me, using inches and wanted to do Auto Level? Been successful?

Here's hoping.
Bob
Shapeoko 3 - #13, dust deputy, precision collets, limit switches.
SVEMakerSpaces

woodworkerbob

Re: ChiliPeppr Auto Level works but not in Inches - SO3

Post by woodworkerbob » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:50 am

Answered by Chilipeppr Google group. Auto level in inches is not supported in the GRBL work space.

Is Auto Level for inch based designs supported in bCNC?

Bob
Shapeoko 3 - #13, dust deputy, precision collets, limit switches.
SVEMakerSpaces