mach3

chefrc

mach3

Post by chefrc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Hello
i am new on the cnc seen. I have just finished building my machine . all aluminium and stainless steel. bought long motor kit ( including bob, motors, power supplys etc.
Came with demo version of mach 3
I have been trying to set it up.
got the motor running in the right directions, home switch individuslly wired and working limit switch on other end all wired together and correctly pinned . they all light up on diagnostic board. But i cant seem to ref all.
the z goes up but doesnt not stop a the home switch. i have to stop it manually. but when i jog it stops at the switch and i have to reset. so they are working but why cant i zero my home switches. does the demo version only partly works i sent an email to the mach 3 compagny to buy but in the meantime does anyone know why i can ref all?

GoSpeedRacer

Re: mach3

Post by GoSpeedRacer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:59 am

When I set up my switches I watched the YouTube tutorials and they helped me a lot. It's been a while now and I don't remember what all I had to do to get the thing set up properly but take a look at those videos if you haven't yet and I bet it helps you out.

robgrz

Post by robgrz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Just to clarify for those who come here looking for information on Shapeoko, no Shapeoko or Carbide 3D products ship with Mach3. We use GRBL for everything so they're not compatible with Mach3.

-Rob

DanMc

Post by DanMc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Sounds like you need to examine your ports and pins settings, as mentioned above videos are a big help as is the Mach forum. Mach3 demo is fully functional, it's just limited to how much code it will run.