Univ Gcode Sender Platform Connectivity issue

bradland

Univ Gcode Sender Platform Connectivity issue

Post by bradland » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:04 am

Hey guys,
Brand new to cnc just bought a Shapeoko XL. Trying to configure UGS 2.0 Platform "Stable Build"
Windows 10 on HP laptop. I can connect but I don't get a response which tells me the COM port is only communicating in one direction. The COM Port in Device Manager lists the Shapeoko so I know it sees it but I get no data back from the motherboard. I've tried seemingly EVERYTHING!
I'm able to use UGS v1.0.9 just fine to move the machine so I know I'm close but I really want the bells and whistles of the new UGS build.
Typing $$ as a command into UGS 2.0 tells me Grbl has not finished booting..........

bradland

Re: Univ Gcode Sender Platform Connectivity issue

Post by bradland » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:44 am

Update !
I've made 2.0 work with my newer laptop. HP Envy i7 purchased about a year ago. I planned to use the older laptop for the cnc machine as I didn't want the newer HP to get dusty. So obviously there's a small difference somewhere in the USB ports I need to locate...

bradland

Re: Univ Gcode Sender Platform Connectivity issue

Post by bradland » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:18 am

Update II
Problem solved !
After more Googling I went into Device Mgr under the View tab and selected " Show Hidden Devices"
I deleted all the legacy devices which cleaned everything up. I deleted the Shapeoko connection as well so when it re connected there was only one port to choose from.