ESTLCAM dxf import problem

jkanzaki

ESTLCAM dxf import problem

Post by jkanzaki » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:55 am

Hi Everyone or Christian,

Recently (i mean today), I downloaded the ver11 of the estlcam because I want to try out the
Trochoidal milling feature in your cam program, and learn a bit more about your program before consider buying a licence.
https://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopi ... 821#p58820

So the first snag I hit up before even trying out any of the other features is dxf import.
I've draw a simple rectangle in illustrator saved as R13 or R14 or other format illustrator provide. None of them work when I import it into estlcam.

I've seen the forum wiki posted this review mentioned the DXF needed to be R12 in order for estlcam to recognize the dxf format.

Is there any other format that I can easily draw up a 2D sketch and import into estlcam?

Thanks for your time.
Henry
Shapeoko 1 - dissassemble
Shapeoko 2 - 1 x 1m expansion TinyG, superPid, Dw660, Aluminum extrusion bed, Nema 23, acme, Z axis upgrade, Dual Y
Shapeoko 3 - 0051 Stock Dw611, SuperPid, limit switch, 9mm belt

jkanzaki

Re: ESTLCAM dxf import problem

Post by jkanzaki » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 am

okie, after mucking around with illustrator I realize I need to select the shape, then go to export as DXF

Any of the dxf format would work.
Shapeoko 1 - dissassemble
Shapeoko 2 - 1 x 1m expansion TinyG, superPid, Dw660, Aluminum extrusion bed, Nema 23, acme, Z axis upgrade, Dual Y
Shapeoko 3 - 0051 Stock Dw611, SuperPid, limit switch, 9mm belt