SheetCam to Shapeoko 3xxl Gcode not supported?

duneracerweston

SheetCam to Shapeoko 3xxl Gcode not supported?

Post by duneracerweston » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:35 am

Hello all im new to te forum and the shapeoko but i have done some digging before posting to try and resolve this on my own to no avail.

i have a 5'x5' vertical table use for production of polly ATV parts out of UHMW-PE. i got the shapeoko in plans to use it for the prototype work and test cutting so i wouldn't interfere with my production table, but in doing so i have ran into a problem with setup. i got a dell with windows 7 loaded onto it per requirements, also have the carbide programs loaded onto it. after doing so, i started to play with it i felt almost demoralized after going from hycad-sheetcam-mach3 on my other table and just couldnt get anything programed. so i loaded hycad and sheet cam to the computer no problem and went to work.

on my first test though i ran into a issue of the carbide gcode loader not accepting the gcod sheet cam generates. i am unsure if it would be better to use mach3 but that seems to be more indepth on changing things around, or do i need a gcoad inporter to run these programs together?

i am self taught cnc programming over the last 5 years with my other table so i am not ignorant to in but at the same time i have no schooling in it to know more about it. can someone help me out? id love to get started with this table soon.

thanks in advance
Weston

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: SheetCam to Shapeoko 3xxl Gcode not supported?

Post by WillAdams » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:36 pm

You'll need to use an appropriate post-processor. Mach3 is the usual fall-back suggestion.

Please see: http://docs.carbide3d.com/software-faq/ ... ed-gcodes/ for a list of supported G-Codes.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

duneracerweston

Post by duneracerweston » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 am

is there a universal gcode converter to convert from the mach3 style gcode into something the carbide can recognize? or should i change the table controler and run a mach3 setup?

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Mach 3 is the universal option.

Please let us know at support@carbide3d.com what the specific error is and we'll try to have a developer look into it.

Post a list of the post-processors which you have available to choose from?
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets