Exporting G-Code from Aspire for Shapeoko

JayGee

Exporting G-Code from Aspire for Shapeoko

Post by JayGee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:48 pm

I've found that trying to work in Carbide Create to be very limited compared to many of the graphics programs I've used over the years.
SO, I've been using Aspire lately, and which I really like for the ability to manipulate graphics, and have noticed that they have Post Processors for Shapeoko in both mm and inches.
Has anyone used this to generate their g-code?
IF SO, has it run successfully in Carbide Motion?
I would appreciate any feedback about whether you've used individual files for the PP process, or grouped your Toolpaths into a single file. And also whether you've fed the files directly into your CNC system from Aspire.

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: Exporting G-Code from Aspire for Shapeoko

Post by WillAdams » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Yes, the Vectric post-processors work okay (I think on Windows you might have to delete the first character in the file or something, maybe that's been fixed).

The post processors listed on the wiki: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php ... e#2.5D_CAM work better.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

madhatter

Re: Exporting G-Code from Aspire for Shapeoko

Post by madhatter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm

I have created gcode (using the Shapeoko - inches PP) in V-Carve for my SO3 for diamond drag engraving and it has worked out fine. I have not done any actual v-carve code yet though.

EDIT: I guess I should say I am using Carbide Motion for my SO3.
SO3 #0054
DWP611 - SuperPID
Prusa i3 MkII
SolidWorks 2015