Is Synthetos Alive? YES and issue RESOLVED.

Talk about all things CNC
grblbrbl

Is Synthetos Alive? YES and issue RESOLVED.

Post by grblbrbl » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Ordered TinyG June 11, dropped them an email to find out - is it available, or is it backordered. No response to telephone or email. My paypal payment worked great - the money is in their hands. But I've gotten no contact whatsoever since then.

Can anyone tell me: Is Synthetos still doing business? Can you buy (and receive) a TinyG? Is there anyone out there who has ordered and received a TinyG recently?

Just wondering - I'm starting to get nervous.

Thanks;
James

edwardrford

Re: Is Synthetos Alive?

Post by edwardrford » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the delay and lack of communication, but I'm sure it will get straightened out in short order. The guys behind synthetos are stand up guys. I've vouched for them several times and they've never let me down, I don't expect them to change their ways anytime soon.

I dropped them a line alerting them of the concern and I'm confident there will be a response to you very soon.

-Edward
Shapeoko 1 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 2 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 3 #2 - Stock

potatotron

Post by potatotron » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:53 pm

I seem to recall that that happened with the first TinyG board I ordered -- PayPal was charged and no direct communication and I started to get worried, then POP the board showed up in my mailbox a few days later. I think total time from order to delivery was 10 or 12 days (I'm sure most of that was shipping -- I'm on the bottom left of the USA and they're in the top right).

For what it's worth Alden's still posting on their forum (https://www.synthetos.com/forum/), at least as of Sunday 6/9.

I'm guessing here, but Synthetos itself probably doesn't generate enough business to keep those guys employed full time so they probably have to fit it in when they can.

Anyway, I'm very happy with their product and support. I hope you get your board soon, I'm sure it will work out for you.

Good luck!

aldenhart

Post by aldenhart » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi. Sorry you are having a problem with response. We are very much alive and continue to develop new features and ship more and more.

Riley and family did go on vacation for a week but they are all caught up as of a few nights ago. We'll check on your order tonight.

Alden

grblbrbl

Post by grblbrbl » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:23 pm

aldenhart wrote:Hi. Sorry you are having a problem with response. We are very much alive and continue to develop new features and ship more and more.

Riley and family did go on vacation for a week but they are all caught up as of a few nights ago. We'll check on your order tonight.

Alden
Thank you Alden! No problem, no problem, it's just the difference in the verbage between TinyG webstore page:
https://www.synthetos.com/webstore/inde ... iny-g.html
says:
"TinyG is IN STOCK. Orders normally ship from 3 - 5 business days of purchase."

Then when you put the TinyG in your cart, it says:
https://www.synthetos.com/webstore/inde ... kout/cart/
"This product is not available in the requested quantity. 1 of the items will be backordered."

I was trying to figure out what the actual status is, since the earlier statement makes you happy and the latter statement makes you afraid you have just given money to the wrong people.

THANK YOU for the update, much appreciated!

JKB

grblbrbl

Post by grblbrbl » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:30 am

Update to the thread:

1) Synthetos has been very responsive regarding my particular order, I think I just "jumped the gun" a little bit. I've gotten a ship confirmation and expect to see the TinyG next week.

2) They have updated the website to take off the confusing verbage.

I can't speak highly enough of this responsiveness - I appreciate your kind and rapid response to my questions. I look forward to using the TinyG and I'll be glad to buy again in the future!

JKB

grblbrbl

Post by grblbrbl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Hello Administrators!

Can we lock and/or delete this thread? I see no reason to keep it open - Synthetos answered the questions I put out (very well) and if I had been able to wait another 24 hours, I don't think there would be any need for this thread.

Thank you!

cvoinescu

Re: Is Synthetos Alive? YES and issue RESOLVED.

Post by cvoinescu » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:37 pm

There's no reason to lock or delete it. I think Edward locks threads only if there's abuse going on, and deletes them only if they're spam.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk

grblbrbl

Post by grblbrbl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 pm

cvoinescu wrote:There's no reason to lock or delete it. I think Edward locks threads only if there's abuse going on, and deletes them only if they're spam.
Good solution, to rename the thread and note it RESOLVED. The Synthetos folks have taken great care to respond and communicate, so it is a good thing for my original question to become a positive indicator.

EDIT: Tuesday, June 18: TinyG board arrived in good condition via USPS Priority Post on Monday Afternoon, June 17. 8-)
Last edited by grblbrbl on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:34 pm

grblbrbl wrote:Thank you cvoinescu! I think your solution is great (rename the thread and note it RESOLVED).
Wasn't mine, another moderator beat me to it. But yes, that's the best way. Best of luck with your TinyG!
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk