Shapeoko or Grbl error

Talk about all things CNC
wgollie434

Shapeoko or Grbl error

Post by wgollie434 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:20 pm

I an running with a synthetos V3 grblShield. I am not sure where the problem may be but here goes.
Whenever I draw a something or mill it never completes the circle, square letter etc.
There is always a small space remaining. I also get errors in my gcode. The errors are flaged
by the sender I use. I use gcodeSender, The Universal gcode sender, and I also use Grbl Controller and
in all cases errors get flagged.
Below is a simple square I created using sketchUp, PlatzScript to build the gcode. I have also used CanBam.
Always get some errors.
Here is the latest run on a 1 inch square that left one side not drawn.
Capture.GIF
Capture.GIF (20.33 KiB) Viewed 482 times

Ing Chao

Re: Shapeoko or Grbl error

Post by Ing Chao » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:42 am

My knowledge is pretty thin here but I think it's the G code.
Try making the same shapes in makercam and see what happens. I have gotten some pretty excellent results with makercam so far.
'Oko #1153- D Extended Y axis-1000mm. Dual X axis makerslide-900mm Nema 23 X and Y axis motors. Arduino Uno and Grbl shield controller running on 24v.

Aaron Seltzer

Re: Shapeoko or Grbl error

Post by Aaron Seltzer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:46 pm

wgollie434 wrote:I an running with a synthetos V3 grblShield. I am not sure where the problem may be but here goes.
Whenever I draw a something or mill it never completes the circle, square letter etc.
Is there any play in your tool? How deep are you cutting in one pass? Are you sure your currents are set well? Are you cooling the stepper drivers?

To debug, first try "drawing in air" and manually type commands. X0. Measure location. X25. Measure location. X0. Measure location. Repeat and make sure machine is doing okay. Repeat for y. Make sure each stepper current is not too high (will overheat) or to low (will skip).

I have had some programs use extra g-code commands not used in GRBL. Gives errors, but not a problem. Not near my machine to see if these are those.

What version of GRBL did you flash in your Arduino?

Can you post an image of the not finished cut?