Makerslide

Talk about all things CNC
AtomSoft

Re: Makerslide

Post by AtomSoft » Wed May 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah that makes sense. I wish everything was local... i would be going crazy buying things :)
Blog / Store
Live to Love, Not to Hate.
You're not a failure because you don't make it, you're a success because you tried.
Do you like the help i give? Think i deserve a tip? DONATE

ZachKaplan

Post by ZachKaplan » Sat May 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Inventables has turned on MakerSlide again - https://www.inventables.com/technologies/makerslide our goal is to keep it on and we'll be lowering the lead time as the second production run gets closer to finishing. The first production run is going to ship June 4th if you got in on that.

Sorry for the delay we had some initial ramp up time that was needed.

Thanks for supporting the project.

Zach

tachyio

Post by tachyio » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Hey Guys,

I know I just registered, but I want Makerslide too...the problem is I'm in Asia (Singapore) and ordering anything from the USA is very expensive, especially high volume items like aluminium extrusions.

The good news for me is that Makerslide is opensource, so the plans are available online. And my Uncle has an aluminium extrusion machine.

The bad news is that he can't just convert production over to Makerslide without there being a large enough order to justify it in the first place...

Any idea how I can generate interest for a large enough order? Say 20metres or more?

vios

Post by vios » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi tachyio,

Glad to hear someone from nearby area.
I am from Malaysia and also looking for the makerslide. In fact I did ask one of alu extrusion company in JB (which belong to a Singaporean)
if they can make some of the makerslide and yet get any answer from them.
I would be glade if your uncle can make some for Asia market and willing to get 20 meters of it if price are right :D
Please update the progress.

tachyio

Post by tachyio » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:28 pm

hi vios,

glad to know that i am not alone. i will set up an online store similar to:

https://www.inventables.com/categories/ ... mechanical

that will list all the parts needed for a maker slide.

i just sent my uncle the part drawings, hopefully he can give me a costing soon!

=) i will let you know in a few days, if i forget to update you, send me an email at tachyio@gmail.com
vios wrote:Hi tachyio,

Glad to hear someone from nearby area.
I am from Malaysia and also looking for the makerslide. In fact I did ask one of alu extrusion company in JB (which belong to a Singaporean)
if they can make some of the makerslide and yet get any answer from them.
I would be glade if your uncle can make some for Asia market and willing to get 20 meters of it if price are right :D
Please update the progress.

tachyio

Post by tachyio » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:19 am

Okay guys I got a web-store setup at:

www.makerslideasia.com.

Currently shipping is listed for Air Parcel which is expensive.

Just FYI, shipping via SingPost Surface is about 5 times cheaper but will take 5-7 weeks.

I'm heading up to Malaysia this week to see if I can setup direct shipping from Malaysia which will likely be cheaper Surface-Wise.

tachyio

Post by tachyio » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi Everyone :)

Just to update you guys, I've just made the down-payment for the extrusion mould for MakerSlide, and ordered 1000 metres of aluminium extrusion. The entire stock should be delivered to me in 6 weeks from today.

I'm in Singapore, and the factory is based in Malaysia. So if you're in situated Asia, it will be easier to get MakerSlide locally. I will be using FEDEX to ship, and I have a corporate account, so rates should be slightly cheaper as a result.

My website is www.makerslideasia.com, but please remember that the stock of aluminium extrusion will only be available in 6 weeks from today :)

At this point, I don't have the other components like the Delrin V-Wheels and Carriage Plates, due to the lack of funds. But I do have 2 suppliers who can do laser cutting and CNC milling - so if there is demand in Asia, I can and will get them going :)

Do let me know what you need, and I will draw up plans to make them available.

Tachyio
MakerSlideAsia.com

ZachKaplan

Post by ZachKaplan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Everyone, we also have MakerSlide and the components in stock and are shipping globally via USPS. We have a handful of orders left to fulfill in our backlog and we will be shipping same day. We are stocking 1000mm and 1800mm.
https://www.inventables.com/categories/ ... makerslide

Shipping is based on the weight of your package but 1 piece starts at about $9 in the USA, $34 in Canada, and $40 for all other countries.

I look forward to feedback.

Thanks!

Zach

tachyio

Post by tachyio » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:02 am

Hi Guys,

Tachyio from www.makerslideasia.com here =)

I've got community members requesting lengths of MakerSlide extrusion, that are > 1 metre.

If you need an extrusion that is > 1 metre, for example 2 metres...Please PM your interest to me, or email support@makerslideasia.com

This way we can collate the orders and gives my guys more impetus to find a freight shipper that could deal with these longer lengths! =)

Warmly,
Tachyio

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Yeah, I really wish that there was a workable way where these machines could be self-replicating and everyone who buys a machine could get a rebate if they turn around and make up the set of parts which their machine can make and return them to a pool (or ship them to the next person on the list).
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)