Thank Will Adams

Talk about all things CNC
WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

The mystery deepens

Post by WillAdams » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Enraged wrote:Well some mysterious person is helping me then. I used to approve all of them, now a lot are already approved by the time I get to them.
I can't figure out a way to list all the admins, but there's you, Edward, Catalin, Brandon.... isn't there a log?
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

edwardrford

Re: Thank Will Adams

Post by edwardrford » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:35 pm

The bottom right of every page has a "The Team" link: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/memberlis ... de=leaders

-Edward
Shapeoko 1 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 2 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 3 #2 - Stock

janapriya

Post by janapriya » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Thanks a lot Will!

krayvis

Post by krayvis » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:43 am

Will, you are a scholar and a hero.

Threefer

Post by Threefer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:41 am

Thanks Will. Your documentation work helped me get through my Shapeoko 2 build successfully, quickly, and with minimum frustrations. By being able to quickly get everything put together and working quickly, you are able to reach the point of feeling like you accomplished something and then gives you the confidence to delve deeper into the CNC world. I believe there are a lot of people who have tried to get into CNC and end up giving up after losing interest because of all the time and expense it takes to design and build a CNC machine from scratch and with little knowledge of how to go about it. Thanks to Edward, Will, Inventables, and the entire Shapeoko community, the initial hurdle of making your own CNC machine is now a much easier goal to reach. From someone who has had a few failed attempts at getting into DIY CNC over the last decade, this is truly a remarkable thing and I appreciate it greatly!
---------------------------------------------------
Shapeoko# 3456, Makita RT0701c. Stock size for now but have 13"x13" travel by trimming down belt clamps and lip on smooth idler. Dovetailed wooden track clamping setup. Dust shoe in works.

MeanderBolt

Post by MeanderBolt » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:17 am

A formal huzzah offered from this direction!!!
Shapeoko 2 # 3569 - DW660
Current tool chain > Draftsight > CamBam > ChiliPeppr
Build log

Dawn18

Post by Dawn18 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:39 pm

I think this guy is brilliant, he has already helped me loads. I am new to all of this and although I have a good computing background this build has been quite hard for me (being a 47 year old woman in a wheelchair has nothing to do with it!!). Will has been really helpful with posts that I have put on and always seems to be on-line, although I am sure he must sleep sometime. The build instructions are fantastic and if you are not sure, you only re read and let it sink in and all becomes clear. I am so glad that Will took the time to do the instructions, they are fantastic and without those I would not have purchased the Shapeoko 2. So a massive thank you to Will and long may he be around :D :D :D

creaky

Post by creaky » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:30 am

Yes, a massive thanks to will, tremendous enthusiasm and drive for this really great forum. I especially like the way he and everybody on this forum are so helpful with us people new to the whole cnc thing. :D

veng1

Post by veng1 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:42 am

Thanks to Will and everyone else that makes this forum such a useful resource.

cvoinescu

Post by cvoinescu » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am

I thanked Will even before it was hip to do so. ;)

Seriously, good work, Will! The Wiki has grown tremendously since you started working on it.
Proud owner of ShapeOko #709, eShapeOko #0, and of store.amberspyglass.co.uk