Upgraded to 9mm wide belts

Talk about all things CNC
groguard

Re: Upgraded to 9mm wide belts

Post by groguard » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Wow, I have been away for a while. This thread has blown up. For some reason it hasn't been notifying me of these posts.
Shapeoko 2 #3920. Nema 23's. Belt drive Z axis, ACME rod upgrade,
1m rails on X and Y, X upgraded to 60x40 extrusion with openrail, Mid span supports,
DW660 with Super-Pid, IC's DW660 dust shoe.
Build Log

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:48 am

Someone asked after oh much longer the motor haft would need to be to allow the pulley to be fully on the shaft when upgrading — need to be 5mm longer on a the initial batch of motors.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets

Jimf

Post by Jimf » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:58 pm

MikeD wrote:Is there another good source for this stuff besides Stock Drive Products? They seem to be sold out of half the stuff I need to upgrade to 9mm belts.
http://www.bbman.com

This is where I get most of my pulleys and belts. I find it to be cheaper for most items than sdpi. Shipping too. However the website can be hard to find stuff and not as much info so you need to know exactly what you want.

Last time I checked, they didn't have any GT2 open ended belts in stock. I ended up buying the largest/longest closed loop belt and just cutting it to size.