A personal message from Edward (Carbide3D)

Talk about all things CNC
edwardrford

A personal message from Edward (Carbide3D)

Post by edwardrford » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:46 pm

We've been talking about this a lot internally, but it's something I want to share with the community as a whole:

When some of our customers have an issue with their machine, instead of turning to support, they blaze their own trail and devise their own solutions.

We feel like there's a misconception that support is not offered with the machine - probably because of how Shapeoko has grown (and been strictly community supported in the past).

Just to set the record straight - we want everyone to know that we're 100% behind our products. If there is an issue with your machine - no matter how small - we want to know about it!

Two reasons:
1.) So we can get you fixed up (as I like to say) and to make sure that you're happy with your machine.
2.) So we can evaluate the process and make sure it doesn't happen again!

To contact support, send us an email: support@carbide3d.com - this is not a black hole - we read and reply to EVERY single email that comes in. Plus, we're all data nerds and keep a ridiculous amount of information regarding our performance helping customers!

As I recently told another customer via email: We (Carbide3D) are not interested in 1 and done relationships with our customers. We are planning to be around a long time and want this to be a positive relationship for both parties involved.

CNC isn't a fad for us, and it's not a bandwagon we've decided to jump on - it's our collective passion and has been for almost a decade. Over the last 12 months, we have invested heavily in ourselves, buying not 1, but 2 industrial class CNC machining centers in order to bring our production in house, secure our supply chain, and make sure that we are in control of our own quality and production schedules.

We want everyone to know that we're here to help! The forum is a great place to exchange ideas, show off what you're doing, and mingle with like minded folks - but if you are having a problem, and you don't feel like finding the solution on your own - just send us an email and we'll be there to help!

Happy new year to everyone, and thanks for all of your support in 2015! It was a great year for Carbide3D and we're looking forward to an even better 2016!

Take care,
Edward
Shapeoko 1 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 2 #0 - a couple of upgrades.
Shapeoko 3 #2 - Stock

Defy

Re: A personal message from Edward (Carbide3D)

Post by Defy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:10 am

Thanks!

ggrif

Post by ggrif » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Thanks Edward although what you've said here is clear to me based on your prompt and informative responses to my inquiries these past few weeks. And I don't even have a machine yet!! I'm sure I'll be in touch once I get mine next week :)

Chris314

Post by Chris314 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:04 pm

- k

Last edited by Chris314 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlainTernet

Post by AlainTernet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:05 am

I look to buy my first CNC soon and I read a lot. I really asked me about the quality of technical support given the amount of issues mentioned in this forum, and this makes me hesitate... at the same time it is also reassuring to see that in case of problems there is a good community user who can help me, but at the same time, seen from the outside, the peoples can wonders if it is because of the technical service or the quality of the machine there are so many bugs and problems?

So, your message is very reassuring from a potential future new customer like me.
Best regards,

Alain