Bravo Carbide3d

Talk about all things CNC
cfunk30

Bravo Carbide3d

Post by cfunk30 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Just had to share my experience with Carbide3d support.
I have had my shapeoko 3 for about a month now and am making good progress using it. Frustrating but fun. I was making a cut a couple days ago and the machine stalled. I have a grounding problem I need to address. Every time I touch the frame the machine stalls. Well I touched the frame and it stalled. I forgot to home it before I hit the G54 location and the fun started.
Between the cussing, grinding and sweating I got the power unplugged. (Yes, an e stop switch is on order). At some point during my panic I actually had time to switch the router ON, yes that is right I turned the thing on! In the infamous words of Joe Pesci from Goodfellas " I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning."
On to assessing the damage. I now have a nice chatter mark along my front frame and numerous broken V-wheels as well as a slightly frayed z belt. Stupid computers!! and by computers I obviously mean ME.
With my cnc'ing done for a couple days I shoot and email to the carbide3d support guys asking where I can purchase replacement parts. I get an email back from Edward saying don't worry about it we'll get replacements sent out to you no charge.
I kinda feel like I hit the powerball. I realize v wheels and a belt aren't that expensive but it is very refreshing to have a company willing to pay for my mistake.

Thank you Carbide.

Chris

stuarttaylor00

Re: Bravo Carbide3d

Post by stuarttaylor00 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Haha, glad to hear you, and(for the most part) your machine are ok. When I was first looking at getting into CNC routers I read a line that has stuck with me "if you tell a computer to stupid, it will stupid".

I also cannot give enough gratitude to the C3D guys, I have dealt with Jorge mainly. They have sent me 3 replacement boards for my SO3, and as soon as I respond saying I'm still having issues I get an immediate response and then new parts are posted that, or the next day.

Glad to hear you got the same service. It is hard to come by these days
Shapeoko 3 #1095 - Aluminium wasteboard, homing switches, Modified Z plate, Makita 700 router
Flashforge Dreamer Dual extruder 3D printer

2013 Ducati 848 Evo ;)

jkanzaki

Re: Bravo Carbide3d

Post by jkanzaki » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:04 am

Yah, Carbide3d support is amazing. I am so glad, I went with SO3.
Shapeoko 1 - dissassemble
Shapeoko 2 - 1 x 1m expansion TinyG, superPid, Dw660, Aluminum extrusion bed, Nema 23, acme, Z axis upgrade, Dual Y
Shapeoko 3 - 0051 Stock Dw611, SuperPid, limit switch, 9mm belt