How can I change the start point of a job (bCNC)

Talk about all things CNC
k5beason

How can I change the start point of a job (bCNC)

Post by k5beason » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:01 am

Hello,

Been experimenting with bCNC and my Shapeoko3. I've also dabbed just a tiny bit into Chilipeppr.

Is there a quick easy way to jump/change/start to a specific line in bCNC or just using GRBL?

For example, I was forced to abort a job at line 1625. I'd like to quickly resume at that line. I've set up limit switches and use a Z Axis Probe. I'm able to go back to the starting point but I would like to resume where I aborted within the G-Code.

Chillipeppr makes this quite easy.

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Re: How can I change the start point of a job (bCNC)

Post by WillAdams » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:49 am

AFAIK, bCNC doesn't have any support for that sort of thing.

Naturally, one could edit the file by hand --- file a feature request?
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

vasilis

Post by vasilis » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:59 am

You cannot start from a specific line, however you can disable out all "blocks" of gcode that are executed so you can start close to the last abort location. To disable part of the gcode, select the gcode either in the editor (the easiest click on the first block and then shift-click on the block before the last execute) or in the canvas and untick the cross [x] in front of the code or hit on "Disable" on the ribbon.
Be sure however that all the gcode necessary to setup the machine if any is unticked

k5beason

Post by k5beason » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks, Will try this.