Longshot: anyone in northern CO I can steal a V Wheel from??

Talk about all things CNC
461oceanblvd

Longshot: anyone in northern CO I can steal a V Wheel from??

Post by 461oceanblvd » Thu May 05, 2016 11:44 pm

Hey. So I had a little "whoopsie" today with the CNC, and of course it is in the middle of a project for work with a deadline of tomorrow. The Y slammed forward into my hold down, which dropped the Z, which resulted in a shattered bit and this:

It also made the v wheel rather unusable. I tried some CA glue, but it's still off enough that I don't feel comfortable destroying another bit by using it and letting it rack back and forth. The culprit:

Anyway, I can buy a pack of 100 of them on amazon by Sat for about 100 dollars more than I care to spend. Ace Hardware doesn't sell them. And I can't find any other retailer around here that might.

So I thought I'd post here and see if anyone lived within driving distance of Loveland or Longmont CO with one that I can buy or borrow or steal or whatever.

Thanks much!

LTEPM

Re: Longshot: anyone in northern CO I can steal a V Wheel fr

Post by LTEPM » Fri May 06, 2016 1:00 pm

You could try Sparkfun, they are near you, Makerfarm is in UT.

Not sure which V wheel you cracked, but you could try to put it on a Y carriage in a location which has less stress, I've done this in a pinch before to get by (rear bottom IIRC).

kayaker

Post by kayaker » Fri May 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Don't know about shipping cost/timing, but you might try these guys.

http://openbuildspartstore.com/wheels-b ... estselling
Take Care,

Jim. . .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the immortal words of Dr. Johnny Fever; "when everybody is out to get you, paranoid is just good thinking!"

WillAdams
Location: Pennsylvania --- south of the Turnpike, East of US-15

Post by WillAdams » Fri May 06, 2016 2:09 pm

Too late, but belike if you'd caught Carbide 3D during business hours yesterday they'd've sent you one express.
Shapeoko 3XL #0006 w/ Carbide Compact Router w/0.125″ and ¼″ Carbide 3D precision collets
Nomad 883 Pro #596 (bamboo)

cfunk30

Post by cfunk30 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:19 pm

HI,

I'm in Windsor and have an extra.
I'd prefer just giving it to you rather than you risking the B&E charge however. :D

Chris